The Student Room Group

Return to Nexplanon

When I was 18 I got the Nexplanon implant and I thought at the time it didn't agree with me so I had it removed and got the iud. My iud is a nightmare. The first one expelled and was the most painful experience I've been through. The second one has been fine for 2 years, but it's killed my sex drive and my periods are all over the place.

I now want to go back to the Nexplanon. I got it removed because I felt really moody on it, but looking back I was actually a teenager who moved away from home and I was actually just personally going through a tough time.

If I ask to go back on it, will they say no because I already had it once before? Or will they let me because I was young when I originally had it?

I really can't see myself with an iud for much longer, I'm so miserable because I never want to have sex and it's putting strain on my relationship. Also I get really painful cramping after sex and during my periods.

(For particular reasons I cannot go on the pill so this is out of the question).
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
When I was 18 I got the Nexplanon implant and I thought at the time it didn't agree with me so I had it removed and got the iud. My iud is a nightmare. The first one expelled and was the most painful experience I've been through. The second one has been fine for 2 years, but it's killed my sex drive and my periods are all over the place.

I now want to go back to the Nexplanon. I got it removed because I felt really moody on it, but looking back I was actually a teenager who moved away from home and I was actually just personally going through a tough time.

If I ask to go back on it, will they say no because I already had it once before? Or will they let me because I was young when I originally had it?

I really can't see myself with an iud for much longer, I'm so miserable because I never want to have sex and it's putting strain on my relationship. Also I get really painful cramping after sex and during my periods.

(For particular reasons I cannot go on the pill so this is out of the question).

They probably won't even mention it. If they do, they would just ask why you got it taken out and if you're sure. However they will not stop you from having one unless there is a medical reason for it.

It is possible that the implant was making you more moody so you should take that into consideration. It may seem like teenage moodiness when looking back since it was a while ago. But may actually have been the implant as it does have some hormones in it.

If you are really sure, then go for it and insist upon it. Sometimes doctors will suggest something else and people just go with it even though it's not what they want.
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
They probably won't even mention it. If they do, they would just ask why you got it taken out and if you're sure. However they will not stop you from having one unless there is a medical reason for it.

It is possible that the implant was making you more moody so you should take that into consideration. It may seem like teenage moodiness when looking back since it was a while ago. But may actually have been the implant as it does have some hormones in it.

If you are really sure, then go for it and insist upon it. Sometimes doctors will suggest something else and people just go with it even though it's not what they want.

Thanks for your advice :smile:

I'd prefer being moody to having the iud. I probably won't make an appointment until the summer, so I'll have plenty of time to consider my options.

Quick Reply

Latest