The Student Room Group

GCSE Option Choices

Hello
I’m doing some market research and the question is this.

Please choose 4 GCSE subjects of which if you were to be choosing them now, you would take.

You may choose any subjects,

I would love lots of responses

Thankyou
is it assuming that you have to do maths & English (& science?)
I would just pick what I did for A-levels: Chemistry, Biology, and 2 languages, assuming that you have to English and Maths.
Not assuming English and Maths I would probably do Chemistry, Maths, Biology and English / another language
Computer science
Psychology
Maths
French
Assuming English Maths and general science are all compulsory I would choose: Drama, Geography, History, Triple Science. Having maths English and science also be optional I’d go for: Drama, Geography, History and English Literature
Original post by Brodielouise
Assuming English Maths and general science are all compulsory I would choose: Drama, Geography, History, Triple Science. Having maths English and science also be optional I’d go for: Drama, Geography, History and English Literature

Triple science is 3 GCSEs not 1
Original post by Bill Nye
Triple science is 3 GCSEs not 1

I’ve taken Triple at GCSE (sitting the exams this year 🙃🙃) and we receive 3 GCSE’s but it only takes up 1 option block
Reply 7
I'll just put the ones I chose in year 9:

Computer Science
History
Triple Science
Business GCSE
I would do 4 foreign languages
Original post by Brodielouise
I’ve taken Triple at GCSE (sitting the exams this year 🙃🙃) and we receive 3 GCSE’s but it only takes up 1 option block

Yes, because double is usually compulsory, it is like one extra science to double, but in itself it is 3 GCSEs
as everyone is assuming it's 4 + maths, English and science I'll go with..
Business,
accounting,
textiles,
economics.

if maths English and science aren't included I'd go with;
business,
accounting,
maths,
physics

Quick Reply

Latest