The Student Room Group

Went to doctors today and may as well not bothered.

She spent the whole time scratching her head, I gave her all my symptoms and she didnt have a clue, had to give her a few possible diagnosis that I had researched. Like wtf do they teach in medical school? It must be simple things like how to put a plaster on patient and that paracetamol fixes everything. Misdiagnosing someone can be detrimental...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I, am feeling quite thirsty can I have some milk?
getting deja vu, did you see her google search it in front of you as well?
Original post by Got Milk
She spent the whole time scratching her head, I gave her all my symptoms and she didnt have a clue, had to give her a few possible diagnosis that I had researched. Like wtf do they teach in medical school? It must be simple things like how to put a plaster on patient and that paracetamol fixes everything. Misdiagnosing someone can be detrimental...

Why would you bother with the doctors?
You said you could teach yourself to be a doctor off the internet.

One good thing is you helped contribute towards paying for her salary, so at least one stem person was better off.
Original post by Archon9
I, am feeling quite thirsty can I have some milk?

Not sure I will need 7 years at medical school first to see if milk is the best thing to prescribe
Original post by petalsunrise
getting deja vu, did you see her google search it in front of you as well?

No that would have been to much effort
Reply 6
Not sure I will need 7 years at medical school first to see if milk is the best thing to prescribe

Lol
Original post by 999tigger
Why would you bother with the doctors?
You said you could teach yourself to be a doctor off the internet.

One good thing is you helped contribute towards paying for her salary, so at least one stem person was better off.
I pay taxes, I pay for a service so its mine to use.
I think these days, you're best to do thorough research as to what you might have, then when you think you've pin-pointed it, print some pages off, take them to the doc and say, I think I have this... can you check/test me?
Reply 9
Like wtf do they teach in medical school?

They teach how not to extrapolate evidence of a single subject to represent a whole population.
I pay taxes, I pay for a service so its mine to use.

Did I say otherwise. You were bragging how easy jit was to be a doctor, so get on with it.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I think these days, you're best to do thorough research as to what you might have, then when you think you've pin-pointed it, print some pages off, take them to the doc and say, I think I have this... can you check/test me?
you make a valid point tbh its a shame we have to do the job for them but this could be the way forward.
Did I say otherwise. You were bragging how easy jit was to be a doctor, so get on with it.

You asked why I would bother with a doctor, I replied.
tbh lost faith in most doctors
Original post by faloodeh
tbh lost faith in most doctors
how come?
you make a valid point tbh its a shame we have to do the job for them but this could be the way forward.

The problem mainly comes from them being overrun. Sometimes, symptoms could be from numerous conditions, and GPs just don't have the time to sit and run through a load of questions to figure out what it could be, so after 5 minutes of trying to get to the bottom of it some of them just give up, say they'll do a general health markers blood test and send you on your way.
My all time favourite was when the doc used symptom checker
You asked why I would bother with a doctor, I replied. Idiot

LMAO you of all people calling others an idiot.
Surely based on your own postings you trust your own expertise over that of a doctor. Seems lame you dont have the courage of your convictions.
LMAO you of all people calling others an idiot.
Surely based on your own postings you trust your own expertise over that of a doctor. Seems lame you dont have the courage of your convictions.
ok bro u got me right in the feels with that one. *rolls eyes*
how come?

i totally understand that many symptoms are common and wont automatically lead to something, and that its probably difficult to diagnose, but time and time again ive seen me and people around me not being diagnosed properly, or not being diagnosed at all, or only being diagnosed once its too late and left someone with life-long issues.

Quick Reply

Latest