Steve5427
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I need help with a essay plan.
"women are the subtler sex: more varied in their attraction, more ingenious in their stratagems" in the light of this view, discuss ways in which writers present women.

Any advice or help is appreciated
KitKat210
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
can you look at women in any text?
Steve5427
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by KitKat210)
can you look at women in any text?
It's for A dolls house and selected poems of Christina Rossetti. I just don't understand what to do
KitKat210
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don't know those texts very well but I'll give it a go:

Intro - Outline the texts you're looking at, focus yourself on the quesion

Section 1 - I say section because I don't know how much you have to write, be it a paragraph or a few. This section covers any points that present women as NOT being the "subtler sex". I'm guessing that's the doll's house, select language that makes them out to be simple minded, dumb etc.

Section 2 - Find parts of the texts that make women seem "ingenious". I don't know if there are any parts in Dolls house, but Rossetti's poems would be good.

Conclusion - Sumarise your points, maybe highlight the difference betwwn how men see women and how a woman see's herself.

It sounds like you could get a lot of context in there, so do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.85%
Okay (65)
28.76%
A bit lacking (85)
37.61%
Not good at all (56)
24.78%

Watched Threads