niajayne
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I'm currently looking for accomodation and have a max budget of £140 per week so I've got my eye on Bridges, Wessex and St Georges at the moment. I was wondering, in those three, are you grouped with like 8 or 10 other students like in a flat or are the corridors just like dorms in that there's no like small groupings? Also, in shared bathroom accomodation of the halls above, how many people do you share a bathroom with?
Thanks,
Nia
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by niajayne)
Hi! I'm currently looking for accomodation and have a max budget of £140 per week so I've got my eye on Bridges, Wessex and St Georges at the moment. I was wondering, in those three, are you grouped with like 8 or 10 other students like in a flat or are the corridors just like dorms in that there's no like small groupings? Also, in shared bathroom accomodation of the halls above, how many people do you share a bathroom with?
Thanks,
Nia
Hi Nia

I lived in Bridges in my first year so I'm quite biased!

I stayed in a flat with 8 other people with shared bathrooms. So in Bridges shared bathrooms there was either 9 or 10 people per flat. You have a door to the whole flat and then down the corridor everyone has their rooms and along the corridor too are the bathrooms spread out. At the end of the corridor is the communal kitchen with sofas too.

I was in a ground floor flat and we had three bathrooms between us all which wasn't bad. Everyone thinks shared bathrooms is going to be awful. However, it's actually fine, because they are communal spaces it means they are cleaned by cleaners each week too. Whereas if you have an en suite you'd have to do all the cleaning yourself!

I really enjoyed my stay in Bridges, particularly because it was a new accommodation and looked really modern. The rooms were spacious and had a great desk space. The bathrooms as well had a nice modern shower.

For St. Georges and Wessex I'm not sure how many people share the bathrooms and how many in a flat type. However, the rooms in Wessex have recently been upgraded with newer furniture which you can see on the pictures on the website.
http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...ssex-hall.aspx

In helping you decide which halls you might want to factor in location. For Bridges and Wessex they are situated quite central on campus with only a 5 minute walk to the centre of campus. Whereas St. Georges is just off campus, near the sports park and more of a 10 minute walk to the centre of campus (but it's flat so it's not bad at all!)

I hope this helped! Any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
Final year Philosophy student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (208)
23.64%
Pop (218)