The Student Room Group

Is it easier to get a band 5 by doing higher or foundation?

Honestly i dont mind if i do foundation since i flopped the higher paper when we did our mocks and i actually revised hard and genuinely thought i was gonna get a decent grade but it didn't turn out great.My teacher actually started considering to me that i should do the foundation tier but my friends told me its harder to get a band 5 since you need to get majority of the paper correct,Is this true??
Reply 1
Hey,
If I was you and you’re target grade is either a 4/5 then I would recommend doing the foundation. However, if your target grade is a 6 and above but you are achieving a grade 4/5 then I would also recommend to the foundation. Although looking at the grade boundaries makes higher look easier to get a 5, it’s actually not because the subject content is much more difficult whereas on foundation, some formulas will already be provided for you depending on what the question is testing and it’s what’s on the higher but in a lot more basic standard.

Some people at my school who do higher got asked if they want to try the foundation tried it and have now said that they are glad they chose to do the foundation.

Foundation is also a lot less pressure.

I hope this helps, I’m happy to explain further if you wish :-).

Pat :-)
Generally foundation is easier but you have to get more marks

Quick Reply

Latest