The Student Room Group

Can I not drop Computer science now and take Maths instead?

I chose Computer Science by mistake and want to drop it and take maths instead. I toll bio and chem alongwith it.

I know its too late ( A level this year ), but I am confident at maths, studying on, but my grammar school asked me to take the exams privately.

The school is forcing me to write Computer science, saying that it would otherwise 'cut their funding'. But I dont want to do 4 subjects, because that will be a drain.

What should I do? Can they force me to write it when I dont want to?
(edited 6 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Maths A level, assuming you are looking into the new specification one, is a very quick paced subject, I doubt you would manage to cope in just 2 months time before the actual exams. You could pick it up as an AS in Y13 or maybe take it outside school? Thats just my opinion :smile: cheers
Reply 3
Original post by solark
Maths A level, assuming you are looking into the new specification one, is a very quick paced subject, I doubt you would manage to cope in just 2 months time before the actual exams. You could pick it up as an AS in Y13 or maybe take it outside school? Thats just my opinion :smile: cheers

Many thanks!
My query was about dropping a subject. Does the school or student have the final say about this?
Original post by Par211
Many thanks!
My query was about dropping a subject. Does the school or student have the final say about this?

It depends on the school. but it should be up to you if you really don't want to do the subject. Speak to your computing teacher

Quick Reply

Latest