I'm terrified of driving

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got into a car accident a few weeks ago and I still keep having nightmares about it at night. It was snowing that day and I suddenly lost control of my vehicle. I fixed my car but I am too scared to go back onto the road again. I haven always been a little scared of driving and now I am even more terrified. I am so scared that I might other people if I drive again. I know it has been a long time and it is stupid to be still scared of driving but I just cannot even be inside of my car right now. I don't know what to do
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Go at your own pace. I am sure everyone can understand exactly why you are scared and need to take time. Maybe some form of therapy would help you to both get over what happened and your fear of diving. There are private options or NHS options. Hope this helps
Jennab24
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I got in a crash before christmas and was in the same situation but my mum took me out on roads I was familiar with to just make me more comfortable. Don't worry about taking your time getting back into it but the longer you leave it the more anticipation you'll build up
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got into a car accident a few weeks ago and I still keep having nightmares about it at night. It was snowing that day and I suddenly lost control of my vehicle. I fixed my car but I am too scared to go back onto the road again. I haven always been a little scared of driving and now I am even more terrified. I am so scared that I might other people if I drive again. I know it has been a long time and it is stupid to be still scared of driving but I just cannot even be inside of my car right now. I don't know what to do
Try sitting with a driving instructor to help you build your confidence while they do have dual control. Or, have a family or friend take you out on the road xxx
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The worst thing to do is to stop driving completely. :sadnod: Regain confidence slowly, whether this be by getting some refresher lessons or just practising in a remote place.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to move this to the Cars and motoring forum
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The first accident I had I never wanted to drive again too. I recovered from it within a few weeks but I know exactly how you feel. Chill out for a bit, then get back on the road - but don't leave it too long else you'll never do it. I've always been a better driver since anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.49%
Note taking apps (6)
2.08%
Flashcards (57)
19.72%
Revision guides (16)
5.54%
Past papers (133)
46.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
4.15%

Watched Threads