Anonuser345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can people comment some jobs that human geographer graduates have/had SPECIFICALLY. I’m a first year human geog student n I’m considering switching courses to religion/philosophy/sociology related but idk if that will hinder me in future as it does close certain doors seeing as geography is so broad and diverse
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonuser345)
Can people comment some jobs that human geographer graduates have/had SPECIFICALLY. I’m a first year human geog student n I’m considering switching courses to religion/philosophy/sociology related but idk if that will hinder me in future as it does close certain doors seeing as geography is so broad and diverse
Prime Minister: Theresa May

BA Geography- University of Oxford

One of the best basketball players of all time: Michael Jordan

BA Geography- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

Prince (Although you cannot do this job since it's inherited... it's still a job): Prince William; the Duke of Cambridge

MA Geography- University of St Andrews

Business person: Anita Roddick; Founder of Body Shop

Geography- Bath Spa University

Professors/Teachers/Media personnel/ Politicians/ Consultants/ Finance are other possible jobs a human geographer can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonuser345)
Depends what type of human geography you do. For example, you could use GIS in spatial analysis or transport planning, both of which can lead directly into their respective graduate careers. The humanities (religion/philosophy) are notorious for their relative lack of connection to a specific career (aside from teaching), but would be fine for a general graduate job. Sociology is a bit different, again it depends what type e.g. if you go into quant there are transferable skills, in qualitative there are other transferable skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (679)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (858)
42.6%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.52%

Watched Threads