How to balance out my revision for subjects Watch

whosjeda
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need to get at least a grade 6 in gcse history and i'm currently at a grade 3. I'm revising non-stop for History but so much that i'm prioritising it over other subjects - which is really bad. How could i reduce the amount of time for history so i can revise for other subjects but also get a high grade. I've made a revision timetable but i always seem to still focus on history and not even try in other subjects because i feel like History is a big improvement i need to make as i want to do it for a levels.
computuring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try using revision methods like the pomodoro technique or spaced repetition, to do more focused revision in a shorter time. Maybe make flashcards or something for history so that you can maximise your time by revising on the bus or during lunches.
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to prioritise your subjects. You career based/A level required subjects plus English and maths are your priority, so give them more time. Carry revision cheat sheets, index cards or the like with you everywhere you go so you can revise - ie waiting at the bus stop, travelling on the bus etc. Work out a weekly and daily schedule, so everything gets done, and keep a daily to do list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise