Bio 6
Chem 6
Phys 6
Rs 4
History 4
Geography 6
German 5
ICT A

Do you guys think these grades are good? I’m quite disappointed with them. Does anyone know how I can improve. English is my worst subject so any advice for that would be helpful

racheljane07
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey!

Those results are really good! I did my GCSE's last year, and my mocks were awful. I got B's/C's in pretty much everything and I think I got a 3 or a 4 in maths, but came out with 2A*'s, 8 A's and a B (including an 8 in maths). The teachers don't know exactly what the grade boundaries will be like, and because (apart from english and maths) it's the first year of numbers instead of letters, the grade boundaries are likely to be lower. However, your teachers (probably) will have brought up the grade boundaries just in case. (or thats what they did at our school, anyway).

For english, I was rubbish at english as well so I'm not sure if my advice would be any good (although you got a 6, which is really good!). It's hard to revise Language other than past papers and practise questions and making sure you remember the timings for both papers. My best friend got a 9, and for literature she made character profiles for each main character of each book including the themes linked to the character, why they were significant, key quotes, etc etc, then made a page for each theme with quotes, context, and the other stuff you need to know for an essay. For the poems, I cant remember what she did but I made mindmaps of each poem with their themes, key quotes, other poems you'd link them to and context.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (406)
56.23%
I don't have everything I need (316)
43.77%

Watched Threads