EM1LYR0SE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which exam board out of OCR, AQA And Edexel has the closest content and exam style to WJEC Eduqas as there is literally no revision resources for Eduqas apart from the text book but I revise best from audio and videos. However, all the revision videos are for AQA, OCR or Edexcel! Please help!! Xxx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EM1LYR0SE)
Which exam board out of OCR, AQA And Edexel has the closest content and exam style to WJEC Eduqas as there is literally no revision resources for Eduqas apart from the text book but I revise best from audio and videos. However, all the revision videos are for AQA, OCR or Edexcel! Please help!! Xxx
Download the specs for each or at least the specs at a glance and compare them side by side. It is still just Biology and they mostly cover the same topics. If you have a good understanding of the wjec spec and mark schemes then you should know what you want.
DeclanGCSEs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
could you tell me the topics you learning?
EM1LYR0SE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Name:  2835CBB1-E5A6-4264-AB02-7E80ABF2EE77.jpg.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  19.3 KB these are my topics for year 1.
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, I think I can help. I'm in yr 13 and doing AQA Biology. However, last year I was doing WJEC and for some reason (since there is no AS I guess) my school decided to switch exam boards at the end of yr 12. I recognise the WJEC textbook you posted above and became all too familiar with it last year (and I agree there are barely any resources). Thankfully the textbook and the past papers provided in the WJEC site was enough for an A* prediction.

I can tell you the content is pretty much identical for the first year for both exam boards. The only differences I have noticed is that AQA has an Immunology chapter which WJEC doesn't. Secondly, WJEC goes into a lot more detail for gas exchange in animals (such as counter current and parallel flow in fish) which AQA doesn't.

Since AQA is more widely used/common, there are a LOT MORE resources and so you are fine with using these to prepare for WJEC exams. Just ignore the Immunology questions.

(P.S. There's a small error in the WJEC textbook in the "adaptations for nutrition" chapter.)
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely not OCR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads