The Student Room Group

My parents think I'l abuse them when Im older

In the last year or 2 since my mum has turned 60, any kind of family discussion/argument she will say is elderly abuse. Today she was saying she's sick of me etc that i wont get any inheritance and I said 'until you need me when you are older' she said 'i dont want you looking after me when Im older as you'l abuse me, Id rather go in a care home'. Last year she said she would never want to go in a care home lol.

My aunt once told her that Id be one of those people who stayed at home all my life and abused my parents.

What do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
In the last year or 2 since my mum has turned 60, any kind of family discussion/argument she will say is elderly abuse. Today she was saying she's sick of me etc that i wont get any inheritance and I said 'until you need me when you are older' she said 'i dont want you looking after me when Im older as you'l abuse me, Id rather go in a care home'. Last year she said she would never want to go in a care home lol.

My aunt once told her that Id be one of those people who stayed at home all my life and abused my parents.

What do I do?

Just get your exams go to uni get your own place and dont look back.
Reply 2
With the way the NHS is going, she will be lucky to get to 70.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending