shayle144
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey. I thought I'd make the post if anybody else is feeling the same way as me. I'm a second year at Liverpool John Moores uni, that has ended up isolating herself cause of social anxiety. I have a few friends and people on my course, but no solid social group. And now I'm only in uni 2 days a week, I feel like I won't be able to cope with nothing going on for 5 days a week. I'm constantly applying for jobs but not getting anywhere, I've joined societies but got nowhere really with friends due to being awkward and anxious about things. I've decided to give societies another go since refreshers fair has just been on, so fingers crossed.

Is there anybody in Liverpool feeling the same way?
lowtestbeta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shayle144)
Hey. I thought I'd make the post if anybody else is feeling the same way as me. I'm a second year at Liverpool John Moores uni, that has ended up isolating herself cause of social anxiety. I have a few friends and people on my course, but no solid social group. And now I'm only in uni 2 days a week, I feel like I won't be able to cope with nothing going on for 5 days a week. I'm constantly applying for jobs but not getting anywhere, I've joined societies but got nowhere really with friends due to being awkward and anxious about things. I've decided to give societies another go since refreshers fair has just been on, so fingers crossed.

go to the gym/take up a sport if societies don't work out
Fizzy98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m not in Liverpool but feel the same way. Weekends are kinda hard. Hope things get better for you, you’re not alone 💛
shayle144
Rep:
?
(Original post by lowtestbeta)
go to the gym/take up a sport if societies don't work out
Living in the gym atm haha
RWSS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Living in the gym atm haha
Shameless plug but if you’re into gyming then the powerlifting society is one of the most welcoming groups of people I’ve ever met, it’s only 90 minutes a week but it’s made a massive difference in how I feel at LJMU
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I was very similar in my first two years of Uni! I felt really lonely and frustrated. It was one of those things I really had to learn to cope with. I totally sympathise. I didn't have a solid social group and the brief social encounters I had were not enough. Also because I had family issues I found it difficult to feel good about going home even! It can be isolating
CCA9t7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I feel the same. Especially only doing a one year course at Liverpool too. Nothing worse 🖐. Plus the fact I don't want to go to social events on my own ahah
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone,

Im sorry to see how you are all feeling lonely at the moment liverpool is a great city and most people are really friendly! If theres anyway I can help just let me know
shayle144
Rep:
?
(Original post by CCA9t7)
I feel the same. Especially only doing a one year course at Liverpool too. Nothing worse 🖐. Plus the fact I don't want to go to social events on my own ahah
Same! I couldn’t think of anything more daunting that turning up on my own aha. What uni you at?
CCA9t7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same! I couldn’t think of anything more daunting that turning up on my own aha. What uni you at?
I know it's the worst ahah. I'm in Liverpool John Moores,you?
shayle144
Rep:
?
I know it's the worst ahah. I'm in Liverpool John Moores,you?
Oh me too!
CCA9t7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh me too!
Do u stay in student accommodation?
shayle144
Rep:
?
Do u stay in student accommodation?
yeah, i'm in the city centre near lime street
CCA9t7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah, i'm in the city centre near lime street
Oh I'm like a five minute walk from There
thenoob.2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

The same thing happened with me as I also have social anxiety. In the end I stopped attending and self-taught the remainder of the course. Still got a first.
shayle144
Rep:
?
Oh I'm like a five minute walk from There
omg as if. what's your facebook? we should try meet up or something
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not in Liverpool. Just at end of college and feel same. Not made any friends on my course, the people who are friends of my "friend" I can hardly speak to, let alone most of the class I find cool. I've just started talking to some of people I wanted to 2 years in but too late now. I have no social skills so I don't put myself in social situations to spare me and others the embarassment but it isn't helping me at all. Quite depressed about it and have alot of bad days, but slowly improving. I'll just force myself to go to social events as much as I can and hopefully improve my confidence and social skills. Going to Uni this year and hopefully can actually have a fresh start, and I'll be forced to try, not knowing anyone at all
Ryan__90
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Dont know if your still feeling this way but i can relate if you want to hang out inbox me Im at John moores and feeling isolated and miserable
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ryan__90)
Dont know if your still feeling this way but i can relate if you want to hang out inbox me Im at John moores and feeling isolated and miserable
Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way Sometimes it can be hard to fit in to a new place. Im a 3rd year (and from the city anyway)

I've inboxed you if you'd like to chat

Bree
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago

Same too. I have no friends whatsoever and I'm Liverpool as well. I just want some friends it's really getting to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (41)
19.25%
Unconditional if firmed (17)
7.98%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.94%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.35%
No unconditional offers (148)
69.48%

Watched Threads