Having regrets about my degree choice

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I currently have 5 offers for Japanese and French but I'm having slight regrets for not going for Japanese and Korean. Now don't get me wrong I do love French but a part of me feels like the main reason I'm going for that language is due to the job prospects because if I did Japanese and Korean I'd end up near fluent in Japanese and then competent in Korean but w/ Japanese and French I'd end up near fluent in both which would be a lot more useful.

I feel like I would enjoy doing Korean over French but it's just the job prospects that scare me. I don't know what to do
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What do you want to do as a career?

Pick a degree which is relevant to your career.
COYS...TTID
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Have a good think and discuss it with parents,teachers etc
If you decide you want to do Japanese and Korean, you could phone the universities and ask to swap, or even take a gap year and reapply. Good luck
moopxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i've had this problem but with spanish/japanese / korean/japanese D: how did it turn out in the end? :]
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by moopxo)
i've had this problem but with spanish/japanese / korean/japanese D: how did it turn out in the end? :]

Please avoid commenting on threads that are more than 3 months old, thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (32)
32.32%
They're exactly what I expected (27)
27.27%