Have you ever been mugged/attacked? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Policingman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
havent been "mugged" but i was "beaten up" for no reason in the summer hoildays!

I was walking through the centre of town, on my own, at around 8ish.

My best friend lives near the town centre, so i was walking up their, as i was walking, some lads where being asked to leave one of their "townie pubs" for bring rude..

As i walked passed, i felt stares in my direction and thought nuthing off it but did get my back a bit on edge..

I carried on walking, until i got to a small alley, which sperates the town road, to my friends lil road, as i walked, a lad jumped over a wall, punched me in my face very hard, i fell over, as i fell another came and stomped on my stomach!

They then spat at me...

i wish i could of done some thing, they werent bigger than me, but got me at a moment where i wasnt expecting any thing to happen whats so ever like that!

The only other time was last years summer, when i was in a local public loo in the town, washing my hands, turned around to walk out and a townie pushed me, i pushed back, another appeared in the loo, came to me, he looked mad for some reason, i tried to walk out, but was again pushed, a fist then flew at me, i blocked it (joys of 2 years of wun chung kung fu) and then punched him back, he went backwards, mean while the other grabbed my neck and smashed my head into the hand dryer and it knocked me out!

The next thing i remember was waking up in a ambalance!

_Cr
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my boyfriend was mugged last year - he was walking home down a footpath, heard footsteps behind him and then felt somethign against his neck - he caught a glint and realised it was a knife - the guy said to hand over his phone if he didn't want to die, he was already turning out hsi pockets but then put his wallet back when he realised he hadn't asked for! then the guy told him to run and not look back so he did. He reported it to teh police but nothing came of it. His friend was mugged in the same spot a couple of weeks ago, and a female friend was assaulted. Nasty area.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Once mugged in the middle of a busy street for £20 when I wsa like 11.

Then there was an incident outside of school once where I walked down an alley and this guy was like "pull out your ****ing phone" which I didn't have on me. So I was like I don't have it *rolls eyes* and then he beat the **** out of me, searched me and left with nothing. I reckon someone at school put him upto it. I would always see them hanging around together afterwards and the guy had expressed interest in my phone before. I should have called the police, but I figured it would end up in my getting more hurt since there were several of them involved and at best, only the guy who mugged me could get locked up for it. And he probably wouldn't be locked up.

Once I was just sitting in the middle of picadilly gardens and a guy came up to me and was like WHAT THE **** DO YOU KEEP LOOKING AT *thwack* That was random and unexpected.

There have been a few other times too but it's all the same really. ****ing ***** thinking they're ****ing gangstas.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mugged? In Chelsea? Lol...
Sorry to hear about all your horror stories though peeps!
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
I have a friend who was 'threatened' in Chelsea, rough area!
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I have a friend who was 'threatened' in Chelsea, rough area!
The areas of Chelsea I frequent aren't rough! Heh. Seriously though, nothign liek that's every happened to me, though I do fight with the odd pikey in nightclubs, but it's always the other girls that starts it!
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The areas of Chelsea I frequent aren't rough! Heh. Seriously though, nothign liek that's every happened to me, though I do fight with the odd pikey in nightclubs, but it's always the other girls that starts it!
I suppose it was a one off :rolleyes:
I love it when pikeys 'give it large', unfortunately they don't seem to see the funny side.
TakemetoAvalon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really hate how I can't feel safe walking down the street at night. I think I could defend myself against an unarmed drunkard, but anything else would scare the hell out of me and I'd definitely run... it's ALWAYS the best option...

I've had a scary experience... I was in the park with my friend sledging a few winters ago (i was 10) and there was a rowdy crowd of neds the other side of the burn.. As we were leaving, my friend shouted "bye" to them in a posh voice. ONe of them shouted "I'm going to F***ing kill you" so we ran our little bobble hats off. This little guy with a knife followed us all the way to my front door.. then they stood there for ages. It was incredibly scary. Ever since I've always been scared of groups of people like that. I want stay in a safe place like Cambridge.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I live in what used to be considered the 'nice' area of Newbury. Fairly leafy + green, nice houses, bit of a park, best schools in the area etc...

then all the greenham lot started hanging out there... and the druggies cottoned on so we had a lovely scenario where ppl were hanging out and dealing in the church yard!!

I (am pretty stupid and) don't mind walking home from pretty much newhere in newbury @ ne time of the night. But walking across the park scares me sometimes cos there's no lighting and u can just see all these red lights from ppls cigarettes... Too many people have been beaten up there!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
I want stay in a safe place like Cambridge.
not heard of cambridge townies? :P
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've only been mugged twice (well, mugged once and almost mugged once).

First time I got mug was when I was 11 and these two guys took this megadrive game (Bubsy bobcat 2) back to a friend.
The second time was a few weeks ago when a chav tried to mug me for my milk!
TakemetoAvalon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
not heard of cambridge townies? :P

Compared to other places, I'd rather go there.
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never been attacked or mugged either. Despite the fact that recently Manchester seems to be flooding with scavs/scallies....
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
someone's sig is longer than mine..... at least mine is all colourful. sorry to go off topic.

Applying for Biochemistry 2005

Bath, Bristol, Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham, York

Scottish Highers:
English: A-1
Maths: A-2
Physics: A-1
Chem: A-2
Bio: A-2 (I crashed it!)

6th year rocks
Subjects:
AH Chem, AH Bio, AH Physics.

"May you live in interesting times"

GADAWANNAGRADUATE
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Agreed.
Twinkle-toe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My grandad was mugged, they never caught who did it, but the police were very comforing and supportive, and the local bingo club raised £100 so that for him. I think that these people should be honoured because they care about the community why can' everyone be like this?
Create
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really hate how I can't feel safe walking down the street at night. I think I could defend myself against an unarmed drunkard, but anything else would scare the hell out of me and I'd definitely run... it's ALWAYS the best option...

I've had a scary experience... I was in the park with my friend sledging a few winters ago (i was 10) and there was a rowdy crowd of neds the other side of the burn.. As we were leaving, my friend shouted "bye" to them in a posh voice. ONe of them shouted "I'm going to F***ing kill you" so we ran our little bobble hats off. This little guy with a knife followed us all the way to my front door.. then they stood there for ages. It was incredibly scary. Ever since I've always been scared of groups of people like that. I want stay in a safe place like Cambridge.
Unfortunately, Cambridge isn't as safe as it seems... Apparently there has been this mad cyclist guy on the loose randomly stabbing people in the back and then cycling off.... About 5 or 6 victims I've heard.. - and even attacks people in groups.. Don't think anywhere's safe really! Sorry to disillusion you!...
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42115

all my woes there...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.37%
Leave (256)
20.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed