Eye witness Testimony Watch

Polkadot44
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am looking at the Loftus and Palmer study in 1974 that looks at eye witness testimony and leading questions.For a university project I need to discuss the impact this study has had both on society and psychology since being conducted.Does anybody have any ideas on how it has influenced anything in society or impacted us at all?
BPBPBPBP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Polkadot44)
I am looking at the Loftus and Palmer study in 1974 that looks at eye witness testimony and leading questions.For a university project I need to discuss the impact this study has had both on society and psychology since being conducted.Does anybody have any ideas on how it has influenced anything in society or impacted us at all?
One massive area is the whole justice system and in particular false memories. How people have been convicted based on eye witness accounts while witness's memories aren't real memories for one reason and another. I'm doing a lab report for college on false memories right now, on the Roediger and McDermott (1995) study where they, apparently, implant false memories in recollection of word lists.

There's massive amounts of stuff on false memories and the legal system online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (18)
11.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (11)
7.28%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (36)
23.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (22)
14.57%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (16)
10.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (48)
31.79%

Watched Threads