The Student Room Group

Eye witness Testimony

I am looking at the Loftus and Palmer study in 1974 that looks at eye witness testimony and leading questions.For a university project I need to discuss the impact this study has had both on society and psychology since being conducted.Does anybody have any ideas on how it has influenced anything in society or impacted us at all?
Original post by Polkadot44
I am looking at the Loftus and Palmer study in 1974 that looks at eye witness testimony and leading questions.For a university project I need to discuss the impact this study has had both on society and psychology since being conducted.Does anybody have any ideas on how it has influenced anything in society or impacted us at all?

One massive area is the whole justice system and in particular false memories. How people have been convicted based on eye witness accounts while witness's memories aren't real memories for one reason and another. I'm doing a lab report for college on false memories right now, on the Roediger and McDermott (1995) study where they, apparently, implant false memories in recollection of word lists.

There's massive amounts of stuff on false memories and the legal system online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending