Is it worth buying a PS4

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to buy a PS4 slim, but is it worth buying it now.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends if you have the time to play on it.
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
PS5 is rumoured to come out soon (next year or the year after) so its your choice. Its a solid console though
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've got PS4 and PS3 and a wonky PS2 and sold my PS1 ages ago :emo:. Idk what you mean by worth it, if you can't afford it don't get it. If you can afford, get it...

what you'd expect is what you'd get, like crisper and more advanced visuals and game editions. Though one of my mates who games way harder than me said PS4 has less games than PS3 or something, but that's understandable considering PS4's age.

And you can't play PS3 games on PS4 but I think all the PS are like that.

And you can't use the PS3 joystick either but the PS4 joystick is sick lol.

The main menu interface is all right, nothing special..I mean Idk. Just play it lol.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Absolutely yes. My PS4 has had consistent use in the three years I've had it. Lots of good games this generation. Lots of ports too which I've appreciated as my PS2 broke and PS3 hard drive is almost full.
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am getting one for my Birthday in June so I would wait until July if I were you as from past experience whenever I buy any tech the newer better model comes out just after. 👍🙂
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Get the console most of your friends are on. Actually no-get the console in which your best friends, that you know you will join a party with and regularly play with.

edit: No the ps5 won't be coming out anytime soon. PS4 has some of the best- no, the best exclusives in this generation of gaming.
yellowmoon27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh my ps4 is the best thing I have ever bought lol
You could buy it for now and could maybe sell it when the ps5 comes out?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to buy a sandwich, but is it worth buying it now?

I want to buy a TV, but is it worth buying it now?

I want to buy a car, but is it worth buying it now?

I want to buy a share, but is it worth buying it now?
cryssan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is, but if you look at it in the long run, its not. What i would recommend is a mid tier gaming PC. The one im using now was worth £500 and i can run most games on it. I dont need to pay to play online, i can play all non exclusive games and you can use mods for games such as ark or nier automata.
I have a PS4 aswell, but i literally dont see the point in it any more. i used to pay £40 a year for online, on top of £50 per game. its ridiculous. The time i bought the PS4 it was £350, along with all the games i own, i have spent about £800 on the console. With that much money i could have bought a powerful mid tier PC. Using your PS4 budget, save it and add a bit more, then buy a mid tier pc, its a lot better, money wise, and gaming wise.
Im not saying the PS4 is useless. It is an amazing console and i loved the time i used it. I simply found a better option for me.
username3509418
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sam.T.)
I want to buy a PS4 slim, but is it worth buying it now.
Depends if you want one and how much you'll play it. If you'll play it a lot and within your budget, go for it.
jsam0226
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do it! Last Of Us 2 and Spider-man this year 🙂
username3456172
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The issue with consoles is that people buy them and then next year a new platform is released entirely. I would have a read around but I don't see any harm in buying one.
username3786078
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When the PS5 does eventually get released, let's hope it will be backwards compatible. That's the only real complaint I have with my PS4.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed