xhyper22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I bought the CGP complete revision and workbook but was wondering whether I could trust CGP. I want to get a grade 9.
Also for my physics CGP workbook, why is the mark scheme so specific? Is the real exam like this?
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xhyper22)
I bought the CGP complete revision and workbook but was wondering whether I could trust CGP. I want to get a grade 9.
Also for my physics CGP workbook, why is the mark scheme so specific? Is the real exam like this?
CGP tailors it’s information for your current spec, so I see no reason why you shouldn’t trust it.

I’m not sure about your second query, but I’m sure they’re quite picky.
xhyper22
Rep:
?
Basically does CGP cover absolutely everything 100%? I've also noticed that the complete chemistry book seems shorter than the thinner revision guide? Why is that?
xhyper22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
CGP tailors it’s information for your current spec, so I see no reason why you shouldn’t trust it.

I’m not sure about your second query, but I’m sure they’re quite picky.
I've memorised my chemistry book but surely there must be a catch? How can it take so little time to memorise? It takes 2 years to teach these courses lol.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've memorised my chemistry book but surely there must be a catch? How can it take so little time to memorise? It takes 2 years to teach these courses lol.
If you’ve truly completed the course, why not?
Kedhar.p
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CGP is targeted more at getting a grade 6 or 7. If you want a grade 9, buy the Hodder or AQA third edition textbooks and use them for revision. They are more detailed. Hodder is better for chemistry. AQA third edition is better for biology and physics but I use both.

Mark schemes usually have a lot more range in the real exam. It's more that CGP wants you to say things that will definitely get you a mark, rather than a benefit of doubt. It's also that they put more effort into the real exam.
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CGP is fine. I used it and it clearly did good. I even use CGP for alevel maths questions (not entirely CGP but as an aid).

yeah, physics does often require specific wordings because a lot of things seem similar but are completely different: like speed and velocity are very different.
riyapaa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its only a revision guide
computuring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep it has everything you need to know, but don't forget that a lot of marks (about half i think?) come from application which is a skill and not something you can just learn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.67%
I'm not sure (8)
2.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (105)
34.31%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.31%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.1%

Watched Threads