RAF and Army physical requirements Watch

This discussion is closed.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I've been searching for both of these (physical as in actual physical tests such as press ups/runs e.t.c. not medical) but can't find them, not even on the official recruitment websites :confused:
Nikki J S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
I've been searching for both of these (physical as in actual physical tests such as press ups/runs e.t.c. not medical) but can't find them, not even on the official recruitment websites :confused:

I don't know about the Army, but you should find all you need to know about RAF physical tests in the RAF:Officer/Pilot entry thread.
canuck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just ask them to send it to you in a information package. Christ i live 8500 km away and i got to my house in 5 days.
Arch-Angel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
Don't know if you mean commissioned or not, but the fitness test for RAF commissioning selection is a bleep test, press-ups and situps. They don't publish the minimum standard (least, I don't think so!), however, even if they did, you couldn't just do the minimum - they would be looking for you to keep going/running until they stopped you.

As a ballpark figure, you need to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes - ideally getting under 10 minutes.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
... and if you're a 17-24 year old bloke, look for 9.10 in the beep test. As an absolute, absolute minimum; they'll be expecting at least 11.0 through IOT.
Arch-Angel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
... and if you're a 17-24 year old bloke, look for 9.10 in the beep test. As an absolute, absolute minimum; they'll be expecting at least 11.0 through IOT.
Thought about posting the actual numbers myself - just didn't think it would make a great deal of sence (unless the bleep test has been described in depth in a forum).

For the record 30-34 year old blokes have to do 8.3 in the bleep test (personally I'm aiming for 10.6 at OASC - that's what I managed at Swinderby a long time ago!!!)
tele-skier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For the Army, if you aim for 55 Situps, 50 Pressups and 1.5 miles in 10min 30sec, then you will have the minimum standard. Obviously you want to be a lot better.

TS
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they are on the army site as I found it last week. It also gives you a few training routines to get yourself to the fitness level you need. I will try and have a look for it if you are still interested. The army site does cover a lot but some of the information you really need to go in depth for. I think I found that on a regimental site.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)

:eek: I only got 9.8 in the one I did when visiting Leeming a few weeks ago

What should girls be aiming for (excellent not minimum)?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
7 I think? not sure but I remember hearing that somewhere
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
7 I think? not sure but I remember hearing that somewhere

I think that's somewhere near the minimum. Didn't you do it recently at OASC? If so, what would I need to get for excellent?
melly742
Report 13 years ago
they are on the army site as I found it last week. It also gives you a few training routines to get yourself to the fitness level you need. I will try and have a look for it if you are still interested. The army site does cover a lot but some of the information you really need to go in depth for. I think I found that on a regimental site.
Just wondered if you had the address for this?
Thanks
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
I think that's somewhere near the minimum. Didn't you do it recently at OASC? If so, what would I need to get for excellent?
no! hahaha I escaped the fitness test. (though my fitness training starts tomorrow ) I think 7 is the minimum so anything over that would be good!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.atra.mod.uk/Atra/ITG/ATRP...gram/index.htm

just did a search on the army site for fitness. As far as I am aware the RAF hasn't posted anything like this on their site.
melly742
Report 13 years ago
http://www.atra.mod.uk/Atra/ITG/ATRP...gram/index.htm

just did a search on the army site for fitness. As far as I am aware the RAF hasn't posted anything like this on their site.

Thanks, that is really helpflul
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no! hahaha I escaped the fitness test. (though my fitness training starts tomorrow ) I think 7 is the minimum so anything over that would be good!

How did you manage that? I thought everyone going through OASC had to do the fitness tests??

Didn't you just pass OASC for pilot recently, or was that just for UAS? (Does that mean that selection for pilot in the UAS and pilot in the RAF are different ?) :eek:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
How did you manage that? I thought everyone going through OASC had to do the fitness tests??

Didn't you just pass OASC for pilot recently, or was that just for UAS? (Does that mean that selection for pilot in the UAS and pilot in the RAF are different ?) :eek:
yes they are different. When I finish UAS I will have to go back to OASC again and sit more tests for my comission. Until then no fitness test! hahaha
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by melly742)
Thanks, that is really helpflul
you're welcome I suppose it would apply to any of the forces as it seems good to work from.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes they are different. When I finish UAS I will have to go back to OASC again and sit more tests for my comission. Until then no fitness test! hahaha

Lucky you. Although I can't complain cos I don't have to do them in Feb (OMG that's only a few weeks away!! *chews finger nails*) either
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ah don't say things like that! time frightens me sometimes. so is this for a university sponsership then?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads