The Student Room Group

Would it insult you/put you off if a guy asked you to be tested?

so I mentioned in chat room that I was hoping to meet a girl i met in a club. we talked quite openly about sexual stuff and have a lot of sexual chemistry.

i mentioned I would be happy to sleep with her whenever but apparently I should insist that we are both tested for STDS before I do anything with her.

I know protection and safety is important etc but from what I understand if I asked a girl for us both to be tested before sexual stuff 99% of young girls would go of me right?

I mean girls if you met a guy and on second date or so it looks like sex might happen would you not be put off if he said no we both need to be tested first?

they also said I should really have been dating a girl for at least a year before we do anything sexual.

I think these people are probably from a different culture or different time period. I am sure some girls these days would be impressed with that attitude but wont most go elsewhere if I did all that?
so you’d just happily risk getting an std? As a girl, if I was dating a guy I’d want us to both get tested too just to be safe. If you don’t want to ask then 100% use a condom but you can still catch stds through oral and stuff so idk it’s not worth the risk really. As for waiting a year to do sexual stuff, it’s up to you and her when you want to it doesn’t matter how soon
If a guy asked me that on the second date he most definitely wouldn't be getting a third.
If anything, I would like him even more wtf
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
If a guy asked me that on the second date he most definitely wouldn't be getting a third.

how do you mean? Eg if sex was to happen that would be the time to ask if sex had not been mentioned or suggested I concur it would be a bit weird. would you normally sleep with a guy on a second date?
Safety first, kids!
Reply 6
no, I would like him a lot more as it shows he's conscious about safe sex
It wouldn't bother me. Anyone I plan on sleeping with on the reg, I get tested with so we both know we don't have any extra worries. I also use condoms since some things take longer to show up (once slept with someone who turned out to have HIV... fortunately we used condoms the whole time... didn't show up in the original tests because the original infection was too recent).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending