examstress7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone,

I do the new AQA A level biology syllabus, and I was just wondering if we actually need to know how to do all the tests mentioned on our syllabus (standard error + 95% confidence intervals, chi-squared, spearman's rank and t-test) or do we just need to know when to apply them??

Any help will be appreciated!!!

EDIT:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...STATISTICS.PDF
I'm confused because in the first table shown (link), they expect us to know how to select and use the test, but on the next page, it says that :

"In written examinations, students might be asked to perform simple calculations such as finding a mean value. Students will not be asked to perform a calculation using a statistical test (or to calculate the standard deviation of a mean)."
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by examstress7)
Hey everyone,

I do the new AQA A level biology syllabus, and I was just wondering if we actually need to know how to do all the tests mentioned on our syllabus (standard error + 95% confidence intervals, chi-squared, spearman's rank and t-test) or do we just need to know when to apply them??

Any help will be appreciated!!!

EDIT:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...STATISTICS.PDF
I'm confused because in the first table shown (link), they expect us to know how to select and use the test, but on the next page, it says that :

"In written examinations, students might be asked to perform simple calculations such as finding a mean value. Students will not be asked to perform a calculation using a statistical test (or to calculate the standard deviation of a mean)."
You're expected to know how it works and when it's used, but in the new spec you don't have to know how to actually calculate the statistical test
examstress7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay, thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (135)
42.45%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.49%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed