The Student Room Group

Coming out to Ahmadi Muslim parents. Dont want to hurt my parents

I am a gay guy growing up in an ahmadi family
I want to come out to my parents . I dont see a point in hiding my identity, however my fears dont include being disowned, rather it is the fear of hurting my parents. Ahmadis are delusional idiots however it is very unlikely that my parents will disown me, They have this stupid phrase " love for all hatred for none".My worry is that I will hurt my parents. I have siblings however I am pretty sure they dont want gay son.

I am 17 years old guy. Do you think it is too early to come out. At the end I will hurt my parents sooner or later anyway, so the sooner they know the quicker they will get over it.

Maybe I should come out to my siblings first, but I think they are more homophobic than my parents. lol

What do you think?:redface:
Original post by Zaar
I am a gay guy growing up in an ahmadi family
I want to come out to my parents . I dont see a point in hiding my identity, however my fears dont include being disowned, rather it is the fear of hurting my parents. Ahmadis are delusional idiots however it is very unlikely that my parents will disown me, They have this stupid phrase " love for all hatred for none".My worry is that I will hurt my parents. I have siblings however I am pretty sure they dont want gay son.

I am 17 years old guy. Do you think it is too early to come out. At the end I will hurt my parents sooner or later anyway, so the sooner they know the quicker they will get over it.

Maybe I should come out to my siblings first, but I think they are more homophobic than my parents. lol

What do you think?:redface:
I don't think there is a "too early" to come out if you're sure about it.

I also think you're hesitant mainly because you're not sure how they are going to react. And that uncertainty isn't going to change.

Don't be worried about hurting your parents. If they can't understand you that's their problem. And hopefully they will learn to accept things, or gradually soften their attitudes.

(Just my opinion)

Quick Reply

Latest