Communications Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship

Watch
Chazzupp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, very recently I applied for an apprenticeship in the RAF after leaving midway through my first year at university (studying Popular Music) as I found that it just wasn't for me and that I didn't have as much passion for it as I used to. For the past 3 years (since I left secondary school) I've had a keen interest in joining either the Royal Navy or the RAF but never applied until now; the only problem - in my mind - is that when it comes to the interview and they ask me why I want to join, I won't really have a concrete reason other than 'it's been a keen interest of mine since I left secondary school'

I've been reading online and everyone seems to have a solid reason on why they want to join, whether it being that one of their parents/grandparents were in the RAF or that they were in the air cadets when they were younger.

Will this affect my outcome or are they really not fussed about where my interest has come from?

Many thanks.
theshermanator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Leaving halfway through my first year in psychology. Want to join RAF to do either infrastructure technician apprenticeship or police officer apprentice, but have no reason except it looks interesting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed