htelouise
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

hey now
you're an allstar

welcome to my GYG for my a-levels. i'm a little late in starting this, i only just found out about it tbh. but i'm here for a good time - so buckle your seatbelts.

my name is louise and i'm 17, 18 in may. i'm currently in year 13 and i study just outside of london.

gcses:
Spoiler:
Show

8A*s (maths, english lang, biology, chemistry, physics, french, geography, media studies)
2As (english lit, drama)
1B (statistics)

as levels:
Spoiler:
Show

english lit & lang - A
media studies - A
maths - B (1 mark off an A. ONE. i am bitt er.)
french - B

a level predictions:
Spoiler:
Show

media studies - A. they won't predict A*s as literally not even 1% of students get A*s in media. but BAZINGA!!! this ho is not only working at A* grade for coursework, but going to end it all if i don't get one in the end, smh.
maths - A/B
french - A/B
epq (topic: create a short film in the style of christopher nolan): A*

uni choices:
Spoiler:
Show

applied for different variations of BA film production for the sep '18 start. i got all 4 of my offers relatively quickly so i've already made my firm!!
bournemouth - conditional - declined
ravensbourne - conditional - insurance
university for the creative arts - conditional - declined
brighton film school - conditional - firm

a little about me:
as i mentioned before, i'm louise, im 17 and i'm from south east england. i adore filmmaking, videography and photography and can't wait to start at film school. in my free time i like reading, messing around on photoshop, spending my life watching netflix and getting lost in the deep end of youtube. i really want to learn coding and graphic design as well as improve my french.

this blog will basically be a GYG, little bit of tracking my progress, and just journaling my daily life. by the time summer rolls around i want to have improved my grades, my fitness and my mental health. this will be an all-rounder kind of thing, me crying about my grades, me crying because i eat crap, and me crying because i'm hella depressed and edgy xoxo

without further ado, let's delve into the world of overworking and depression memes!
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can’t wait to see how your gyg develops!
htelouise
Rep:
?
update #1
30/01/18

so, this is my first week of my gyg/gyl (grow your life, lmao) blog. over the past few days i applied for a new job at an odeon cinema, and went to an interview for it yesterday. i should hear back today or tomorrow whether i go forward for induction, but im v excited cus it seems like a really cool job.

every tuesday i have a 5 hour free period between my two lessons at 9am and 3:10pm. so i'll be spending the next few hours of my life in the library, working, ofc. all my media coursework is done and out the way now (thank christ - the absolute burden of my life) so all i have now is exam revision and desperately trying to salvage my epq.

xoxo, gossip gal.
htelouise
Rep:
?
update #2
17/02/18

it's been a while, i've been busy and doing various things with my life and sorta neglected this blog. APOLOGIES

quick updates: i now work in a cinema, i've been working a lot, i've been doing no revision, i'm terrified for my mocks, i have like a week to finish my entire epq aaaaand im mentally unstable. still trying to get my **** together.

i am attempting my best from now on to a) be more active on here, b) stop procrastinating (i turned off push notifs for my socials on my phone, so that might help??), c) EAT BETTER and d) just generally get things done in a more proactive way.

it's almost the end of my half term but because i have mocks next week, and i only have 2, both on thursday, i practically have the next week off too. i'm gonna take this time to get myself together and to also begin my a-level revision, cus i heard feb's a good time, right??

peace and love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.68%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.04%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.63%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
42.25%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.82%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.23%

Watched Threads