The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Will I actually be invited to an open day or does everyone get this?

I got an email from UCL that went like this..

"We are very pleased that you have applied to the UCL Department of Chemistry and are emailing to provide more information about our department.

We will soon invite you to visit us during an Open Day event at our department. This event aims to familiarise you with our outstanding teaching and research facilities....."

Now does everyone get this or will I soon be invited to an open day?

Could they just reject me after such an email?
I received an email shortly after submitting my UCAS application back in October. A week or so later, they gave me an offer even though I turned down the invite to the Open Day. I believe that it is very likely they will give you an offer if they have sent you this email. One of the conditions of the offer is to attend one of these open days I believe, so it would be best to accept the invite if it is possible.
(edited 6 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by wombat746
I received an email shortly after submitting my UCAS application back in October. A week or so later, they gave me an offer even though I turned down the invite to the Open Day. I believe that it is very likely they will give you an offer if they have sent you this email. One of the conditions of the offer is to attend one of these open days I believe, so it would be best to accept the invite if it is possible.

Thank you! I'll try to stay hopeful. Did you apply to study chemistry?
Original post by *Bangtan*
Thank you! I'll try to stay hopeful. Did you apply to study chemistry?

Yeah! Was offered AAA for 3-year chemistry
Reply 4

"We are very pleased that you have applied to the UCL Department of Chemistry and are emailing to provide more information about our department.

We will soon invite you to visit us during an Open Day event at our department. This event aims to familiarise you with our outstanding teaching and research facilities....."

You will be invited for an open day. I received the same email when I applied in December. I will be attending the post-offer open day on Tuesday.

Keep an eye on your junk mail because my invite for History post offer day was in the junkmail

it means you have an offer, but to meet it, you must go to the open day and get the req grades on the offer letter
Reply 7
Original post by Neeta211
You will be invited for an open day. I received the same email when I applied in December. I will be attending the post-offer open day on Tuesday.

OOoh okay. I'll try to be patient -__-

Original post by SuperHuman98
Keep an eye on your junk mail because my invite for History post offer day was in the junkmail

Nothing in junk, it just seems kinda late do they even have any more open days at this point? Would an invite show up on portico?

Original post by Kyber Ninja
it means you have an offer, but to meet it, you must go to the open day and get the req grades on the offer letter

Ooooooh okay, thanks! I hope so hehe ^_^

Nothing in junk, it just seems kinda late do they even have any more open days at this point? Would an invite show up on portico?

I got my offer around 1st November, and then got the offer day invite a week ago. Open days vary from department to department, tbh idk why they sent that email if you haven't got the offer yet. Just be patient because UCL seems to send replies in large batches :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by SuperHuman98
I got my offer around 1st November, and then got the offer day invite a week ago. Open days vary from department to department, tbh idk why they sent that email if you haven't got the offer yet. Just be patient because UCL seems to send replies in large batches :smile:

I'm just a bit of a worry wart :P Thank you for your help!
OOoh okay. I'll try to be patient -__-

Don't worry about it. UCL are known to get back quite late. I'm sure they have more dates, if not it can always be arranged.
Im wondering the same thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending