The Student Room Group

getting removed from CIFAS

I am 18 a full time student, I have just been marked by CIFAS for some fraud activity on my bank account which i did not do.
So i met a guy on instagram, he said he can get me free money all he needs is my card. So i gave him my card and the pin as well to get money as i did not have a job or income. My card did not have any money in it.
a few days later I checked my mobile banking and saw large amounts taken and received in my account. I then reported to my bank and my bank said "this is fruad and we will close your bank account" they also said they will investigate this and get back to me. The bank have got back to me and are saying I am liable for x amount of money which i do not agree with. after barclays closed my account i opened one with santander but after 2 weeks they closed my account due to me been marked by CISFA.
i do not know what to do.. i want to go university can i still get a student loan (tuition fee). will i be able to get a bank account and with i be able to get car insurance.
Please help me...
Original post by matty231
I am 18 a full time student, I have just been marked by CIFAS for some fraud activity on my bank account which i did not do.
So i met a guy on instagram, he said he can get me free money all he needs is my card. So i gave him my card and the pin as well to get money as i did not have a job or income. My card did not have any money in it.
a few days later I checked my mobile banking and saw large amounts taken and received in my account. I then reported to my bank and my bank said "this is fruad and we will close your bank account" they also said they will investigate this and get back to me. The bank have got back to me and are saying I am liable for x amount of money which i do not agree with. after barclays closed my account i opened one with santander but after 2 weeks they closed my account due to me been marked by CISFA.
i do not know what to do.. i want to go university can i still get a student loan (tuition fee). will i be able to get a bank account and with i be able to get car insurance.
Please help me...

What did you think this person would do with your card and personal security details?

Where do you think this "free" money would magically come from?

Easy solution? Get the CIFAS marker removed by paying back the money you owe.

You openly allowed someone to use your personal banking card and security details to commit fraud and/or for money laundering purposes. You haven't got a leg to stand on.
Original post by ch0c0h01ic
What did you think this person would do with your card and personal security details?

Where do you think this "free" money would magically come from?

Easy solution? Get the CIFAS marker removed by paying back the money you owe.

You openly allowed someone to use your personal banking card and security details to commit fraud and/or for money laundering purposes. You haven't got a leg to stand on.

Did not think of that anyway its done and if I pay it back to the bank will the CIFAS mark will be removed. I haven't seen anything about paying the money back and it will be removed. So how sure are you this will happen.
Original post by matty231
Did not think of that anyway its done and if I pay it back to the bank will the CIFAS mark will be removed. I haven't seen anything about paying the money back and it will be removed. So how sure are you this will happen.

Where is this person now? How long had you known them?
Reply 4
Original post by username3753952
Please help me...

I’m in this situation can you help?
Instead of criticising the kid maybe try and help I am in the same situation he isn't alone.
Original post by tbon090909
Instead of criticising the kid maybe try and help I am in the same situation he isn't alone.

So am I..any advice?
Really dumb move providing details for magical free money. The only way is possibly to use legal means (lawyer) to write to the bank, challenging the decision and marker. As long as the funds did not originate from a stolen bank login and then transferred to your account. If it was suspected that you were a money MULE , the legal stand point is for YOUR FRIEND TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF SOURCE OF FUNDS which clearly shows that the owner of the funds sent this money WILLINGLY and has not made any complaints to his bank or yours. THE BANK IS THEN LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT A COMPLAINT WAS MADE. However note that banks are bigger than you and can dig further. So be sure that it was a consented legal transaction before taking any steps.
In addition to immediate solutions to your banking needs. Seek a proper Savings account that allows unlimited withdrawal and can only accept payments in your name or to an account in your name. No transfers allowed, 5-10% annual interest If not your marker stays on for 6yrs and you can’t open ANY CURRENT ACCOUNT ANYWHERE.
Cifas markers stay on your file for 6 years best option is to get a prepaid card or make some apply for a bank account in there name so u can use it having a cifas marker sucks 💔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending