Can i get removed from CIFAS Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am 18 a full time student, I have just been marked by CIFAS for some fraud activity on my bank account which i did not do.
So i met a guy on instagram, he said he can get me free money all he needs is my card. So i gave him my card and the pin as well to get money as i did not have a job or income. My card did not have any money in it.
a few days later I checked my mobile banking and saw large amounts taken and received in my account. I then reported to my bank and my bank said "this is fruad and we will close your bank account" they also said they will investigate this and get back to me. The bank have got back to me and are saying I am liable for x amount of money which i do not agree with. after barclays closed my account i opened one with santander but after 2 weeks they closed my account due to me been marked by CISFA.
i do not know what to do.. i want to go university can i still get a student loan (tuition fee). will i be able to get a bank account and with i be able to get car insurance. Can i get removed from the cifas if not how long is it for
Please help me...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
don't give your bank details to strangers? It's your own fault so they're unlikely to take the mark off
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 18 a full time student, I have just been marked by CIFAS for some fraud activity on my bank account which i did not do.
So i met a guy on instagram, he said he can get me free money all he needs is my card. So i gave him my card and the pin as well to get money as i did not have a job or income. My card did not have any money in it.
a few days later I checked my mobile banking and saw large amounts taken and received in my account. I then reported to my bank and my bank said "this is fruad and we will close your bank account" they also said they will investigate this and get back to me. The bank have got back to me and are saying I am liable for x amount of money which i do not agree with. after barclays closed my account i opened one with santander but after 2 weeks they closed my account due to me been marked by CISFA.
i do not know what to do.. i want to go university can i still get a student loan (tuition fee). will i be able to get a bank account and with i be able to get car insurance. Can i get removed from the cifas if not how long is it for
Please help me...
Why would you trust someone you don't even know with your bank info? You've got to be very stupid to do that.

You quite rightly deserved the CIFAS marker, from the bank's perspective.

So i met a guy on instagram, he said he can get me free money all he needs is my card.
This is where alarm bells should've been ringing.
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Why would you trust someone you don't even know with your bank info? You've got to be very stupid to do that.

You quite rightly deserved the CIFAS marker, from the bank's perspective.

This is where alarm bells should've been ringing.
Well I reckon the guy has learned his lesson and is looking for help, not a lecture
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Well I reckon the guy has learned his lesson and is looking for help, not a lecture
Maybe I was a bit harsh, but how silly do you need to be to fall for people saying that...
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Maybe I was a bit harsh, but how silly do you need to be to fall for people saying that...
Yeah I know.

He said himself he was desperate and probably didn't really know much about fraud at the time. OP likely thought that nothing would happen as there was no money on the card, therefore nothing to lose.

Now OP knows about fraud etc.
username3753952
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok thanks for giving me a lecture i did not know that this was going to be the outcome. But the main reason i asked this to find out which bank can i join that we accept me
shamz_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
cifas marker stays on your name for 6 years theres nothing you can do, you won't be able to bank with any high street bank until the time period is up best bet is a prepaid master card app based account such as monese or cash plus they give you a sort code and account number and you can get paid and have direct debit paid from them. Exactly the same thing happened to me and they have been my only options so far.
Marieedle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username3753952)
Ok thanks for giving me a lecture i did not know that this was going to be the outcome. But the main reason i asked this to find out which bank can i join that we accept me
Did this get resolved?
GOI983
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shamz_93)
cifas marker stays on your name for 6 years theres nothing you can do, you won't be able to bank with any high street bank until the time period is up best bet is a prepaid master card app based account such as monese or cash plus they give you a sort code and account number and you can get paid and have direct debit paid from them. Exactly the same thing happened to me and they have been my only options so far.
Does this work for uni loans too?
username3672264
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m Tracy, I’m in literally exactly in the same position as you, I’m going to uni in September and literally fearing life over this marker, please message me, I just want someone who might be able to help me to talk about it
username3672264
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shamz_93)
Hi I’m in exactly the same situation, how do u live with it?
shamz_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tracy_17)
Hi I’m in exactly the same situation, how do u live with it?
I've literally just began to accept nothing will change and I've got no choice but to live with it. No credit products or dealings with uk Banks for next 6 years. Its been like 4 months the initial shock goes you'll get over it soon. as far as coping financially my previous reply and recommendations I stand by.Monese and cash plus as close as you can get to "normal" accounts
Obslax
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Excuse me, it’s not about people being stupid. It’s about scammers being particularly manipulative. On the CIFAS website, the number of young people being used as money mules in the U.K. at the moment is an alarming 24% - This is not down to sheer stupidity but it is down to greed and liars. If you have received a fraud mark against the bank (first class) there is nothing you can do, this will remain on your file for up to six years. If you need an account you can try using a prepaid cash card, you will have to pay between £5-£10 a month for this type of account but as far as I am aware they do not run fraud checks.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
I have a CAT 6 marker and I’m with Monzo. My account with them is fine it’s a full fledged bank current account with your own account number and sort code, contactless debit card and direct debits. You can only access it from your phone.
Anonymous #4
Report 9 months ago
Just to let you know, being a money mule is a criminal offence and as such a police investigation might be in progress. If the evidence shows this, you'll might be arrested and then convicted if found guilty, the maximum term in prison for this crime is 14 years. Maybe you should consult a solicitor?
MRahim004963
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did you get your student finance then???
GOI983
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MRahim004963)
Did you get your student finance then???
Got mine accepted on Friday with my Monzo card. Just waiting on payments for the start of the term in September at Uni of Leeds.
MRahim004963
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you sooo much for a reply I didnt think anyone would reply , appreicate it im going through something very similar, but i was bullied and threatened for my card when i was in year 11 and i didnt know the detrimetal impacts it had i have contacted the ombudsmen service and have appealed it!, but i havent made an UK bank account since then,i just got accpeted with monzo and youve given me faith <3
(Original post by GOI983)
Got mine accepted on Friday with my Monzo card. Just waiting on payments for the start of the term in September at Uni of Leeds.
GOI983
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MRahim004963)
Thank you sooo much for a reply I didnt think anyone would reply , appreicate it im going through something very similar, but i was bullied and threatened for my card when i was in year 11 and i didnt know the detrimetal impacts it had i have contacted the ombudsmen service and have appealed it!, but i havent made an UK bank account since then,i just got accpeted with monzo and youve given me faith <3
Same bro. Just keep going, hopefully the 6 years will go quick after uni👌🏽, need to be able to get a mortgage and have a proper account that can hold a big balalnce. What uni you going?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.71%
Excited (147)
8.94%
Worried (297)
18.07%
Terrified (372)
22.63%
Meh (151)
9.18%
Confused (36)
2.19%