The Student Room Group

Durham University or University of Sheffield

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, when applying for university I wanted to study either Law or Criminology I was pleased to find University of Sheffield offered a LLB in law and criminology, however Durham only had LLB Law and criminology as a single subject so I ended up applying for criminology at Durham. I have got offers from both Durham and Sheffield but don't know who to choose I like University of Sheffield for the course and its more ideal for home but I love Durham the university is really nice and I know both universities have good reputations but Durham is better and have a feeling if I go Durham I will want to do straight law LLB Law I just wish Durham did LLB Law and Criminology I don't know who to choose
Original post by gaustinnn
I'm in a bit of a dilemma, when applying for university I wanted to study either Law or Criminology I was pleased to find University of Sheffield offered a LLB in law and criminology, however Durham only had LLB Law and criminology as a single subject so I ended up applying for criminology at Durham. I have got offers from both Durham and Sheffield but don't know who to choose I like University of Sheffield for the course and its more ideal for home but I love Durham the university is really nice and I know both universities have good reputations but Durham is better and have a feeling if I go Durham I will want to do straight law LLB Law I just wish Durham did LLB Law and Criminology I don't know who to choose

Unfortunately law is one of those few careers where rep of uni matters, if you want to work in law (say at a magic circle law firm) then durham is the way to go.

If you dont want to go into law or investment banking then choose either, the rep difference wont matter much for many other careers

You will be better off posting this is the law part of the careers sub forum though to get an answer from people who work in law/have researched it heavily (I have only looked into it a bit)
Reply 2
Original post by madmadmax321
Unfortunately law is one of those few careers where rep of uni matters, if you want to work in law (say at a magic circle law firm) then durham is the way to go.

If you dont want to go into law or investment banking then choose either, the rep difference wont matter much for many other careers

You will be better off posting this is the law part of the careers sub forum though to get an answer from people who work in law/have researched it heavily (I have only looked into it a bit)

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending