The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Elles
ooh, those vaseline tubs are fab.. i have one of those for my eyebrows.. ahem, yes, this may now explain the 'girlie-ness' - although i don't constantly wear make up, i do apparently hilarious (it is unnerving when you're watched in bemusement!) things such as comb my eyebrows & curl my eyelashes! :redface: (plus i do own ridiculous amounts of pink..that may have something to do with that..)

They have green ones now, with something extra in them, can't remember what but they look cool. :biggrin: My main concession is plucking my eyebrows, my next door neighbour was moved to comment at one point "My god, girls actually have no eyebrows!" I then had to point out to him how much work it took to maintain their shape like that :rolleyes:

dash & blast it! though another medic is perhaps not to be advised..would be manic in exam season!

& alas, although his ego was stroked :rolleyes: he has only an older brother who recently became a dad, so perhaps not..(!)

Yes, another medic, but not in my college, so that sort of thing is survivable. Except when he pays you no attention whatsoever apart from as friends. :frown: Having to go hunting next year, listening to you and other loved-up friends makes me realise how much singledom sucks :frown:
Reply 41
Depends on where I am going, If im going out with Josh on a saturday night ill wear make-up but if im just going to the Rugby at Ballymore ill probably skip it.
Reply 42
For daytime I always wear blusher and tinted lip balm to give my face the colour that Nature annoyingly ommited. For going out I wear a nice eyeshadow, normally a deep gold colour, and maybe eyeliner. I don't wear mascara as I have naturally long dark lashes and have never been able to find one that didn't make them clumped and hard.
Reply 43
omg...when im just out an about shopping or whateva, i wont wear any makeup...unless im looking tired - in which case i will wear eyeliner...(kohl)
on a night out tho - with parents/mates 2 pub/movie/dinner...just eyeliner, blusher and lipgloss...
if im going out into town i'll add eyeshadow..thats it...

pretty much dnt wear much in the make-up dept..
I don't wear any makeup when I'm at home, or doing something boring like grocery shopping...

For work, I'll use eyeliner, mascara and blush and the same on nights out :smile: Occassionally eyeshadow when I can be bothered, but it really doesn't make any difference!

I never ever use foundation, only because I don't want to suffocate my skin.
i just hate make up... i never wear them...not even fo parties and stuff... i just like my natural skin... when i do stage performances it always takes a lot of time for my mom to force me to wear make up... i just hate them... it just makes me look girlish... i just hate that :biggrin:
Reply 46
kohlstream
I never wear make up! I have never ever bought foundation, and I really need to get some, but no idea where to start! :confused:

Start either in the body shop or a department store. Book a make over and tell them you have never bought make up. They will show you how to apply it, let you try different products and give you a list of what they have used.

I very occasionally wear make up, only for special occasions. I used to wear it most of the time, but now I just can't be bothered.

I agree with the comments about boys not noticing make up. I once started seeing a guy and sfter about the 4th date he said one of the things he liked about me was that I never wore make up - he'd actually never seen me without make up!
sashh
I agree with the comments about boys not noticing make up. I once started seeing a guy and sfter about the 4th date he said one of the things he liked about me was that I never wore make up - he'd actually never seen me without make up!

LoL :biggrin:
Reply 48
I only wear make up if I'm going out for the night, and even then it depends on where were going and who I'm with. For the most part I just wear lip gloss.
Reply 49
It doesn't bother me if I don't have make up on, to go to college hardly wore any apart from foundation and sometimes mascara if I felt like it. When I go out usually always have a bit on, I just like having a good base of clearer than normal skin to go out with.
Reply 50
Helenia
They have green ones now, with something extra in them, can't remember what but they look cool. :biggrin: My main concession is plucking my eyebrows, my next door neighbour was moved to comment at one point "My god, girls actually have no eyebrows!" I then had to point out to him how much work it took to maintain their shape like that :rolleyes:

Yes, another medic, but not in my college, so that sort of thing is survivable. Except when he pays you no attention whatsoever apart from as friends. :frown: Having to go hunting next year, listening to you and other loved-up friends makes me realise how much singledom sucks :frown:

totally agree...blegh.all my uni friends didn't find anyone in their first year either....i can't see myself facing a situation much different.

the green vaslein tubs have aloe vera in them...me and mum swear by these little pots of heaven.
i can neva go out widout mak up. ppl fink i alwayz hav 2 put ma face on 2 look gd.
Reply 52
what i dont get is when my friends see me with no make-up on they think i look the same as when i have make-up on...!!
kokopops
what i dont get is when my friends see me with no make-up on they think i look the same as when i have make-up on...!!

den i fink dey iz lyin, init?
Reply 54
kokopops

damn those invisible make up! :mad:
Reply 55
mad'n'tiny
den i fink dey iz lyin, init?

huh?
kokopops
huh?

duz nt mata my dear
Reply 57
I hate make up. Seriously if a girl wears too much it just looks sooooo awful. I prefer girls without or if they have with the bare minimum.

Oh and Lipstick?? I would never kiss a girl with lipstick. Mostly cos I am allergic to it. You lot trying to kill me?
Reply 58
I don't leave the house without mascara and eyeliner. I know that's a bit vain but it's part of my morning ritual, I don't feel right without it!
Reply 59
Elles
mine has seen me before i even cared what he thought..looking sweaty, muddy & rained on playing sport, then ill & crying a few times. & frequently tells me how beautiful i am when i'm sleepy in bed, not wearing any makeup & with bed hair..so.. :redface:

Boys eh?! :rolleyes: I'll spend ages doing my hair and make-up to get ready for a big night out... but the next morning when I wake up with bed hair and no make-up my boyfriend tells me how gorgeous I am. Bless his poor deluded self :cool:

I wear make-up pretty much every day, but I hate the overdone look so I try and keep it natural. My one essential is bronzer - for some reason I have a lovely summer tan at the moment everywhere apart from my face, so without bronzer I look vaguely dead and ghost-like. I've got ridiculously long eyelashes but they turn blonde about half way down, so I also wear mascara pretty much every day to accentuate them. That, plus a subtle lip gloss, is all I need, but if I'm going for a night out or fancy glamming up, I'll usually add black kohl eyeliner and smudgy bronze eyeshadows blended over the browbone. If I look tired, I'll dab concealer under my eyes, but I never ever wear foundation as I hate smothering my skin.

Latest

Trending

Trending