Dumi2508
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have offers from Southampton for Electronic Engineering with Compter Systems from Southampton (A*AA) Electronic And Electrical Engineering from UCL. I am struggling to decide what to make my firm offer.

Southampton course modules look far more interesting and wider with a good choice options than UCL.

I am an overseas student so have had not been able to visit the universities on open days

League tables show Southampton to be tad better than UCL, hiwever Southampton has been consistent and UCL has slowly climed the ladder to get one below for 2018. Overall UCL is much better known and ranked.

I am thinking of most probably continuing my studies after the Meng to a Phd.

Like to hear from you out there you veiws

1) how is studying at Southampton and UCL, are lecturers good a d supportive, how about the facilities such as labs etc.
2) does either give you a better chance of employment after the Meng due its reputation
3) does reputation matter if you are looking at continuing your studies to a Phd
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dumi2508)
Southampton course modules look far more interesting and wider with a good choice options than UCL.
You've answered your own question then

And either are fine if you plan on continuing to a PhD.

However you have until May to decide. There's no rush. And even though you are international you really should try to (re)visit both universities to help you decide. You will be investing a LOT of £€$ (and time) in this - it's best to see what you are "buying" before you commit.
Dumi2508
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you for your reply

(Original post by Doonesbury)
You've answered your own question then

And either are fine if you plan on continuing to a PhD.

However you have until May to decide. There's no rush. And even though you are international you really should try to (re)visit both universities to help you decide. You will be investing a LOT of £€$ (and time) in this - it's best to see what you are "buying" before you commit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (330)
60.33%
Yes- I don't like it (28)
5.12%