The Student Room Group

“An Applied guide to process and plant design” by Sean Moran

I’m in Year 12 studying maths, chemistry, further maths and physics. I have started reading “an applied guide to process and plant design” as I am interested in Chemical engineering. I’ve spent a fair amount on this book and hope it’s worth it! Has any chemical engineers read this? And what’s your opinion? Is it useful to your studying?
Great book. Lots of valuable insight and it's very useful for design projects. Coulson and Richardson would be more useful for most of uni since academia unfortunately is mostly focused on theory as opposed to practice
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
Great book. Lots of valuable insight and it's very useful for design projects. Coulson and Richardson would be more useful for most of uni since academia unfortunately is mostly focused on theory as opposed to practice

That’s great, only started reading yesterday, as I know very little about chemical engineering it’s quite heavy but I hope it will provide insight into what a career and university will be like.
Hey there!

So I know this is much later after this thread was first published, but I have made a video for the best books to read for a ChemEng personal statement (https://youtu.be/eporH5Gw1_8) and I hope this helps anyone who still has this question! I know it’s not quite the answer to the question, but if anyone was looking for books to read, this should hopefully help. 👍

Best,

ChemEngWeekly

Quick Reply

Latest