Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim2)
    I can guarantee u all that this girl is muslim and is trying to get people to at least think of converting to Islam. Shes just pretending to be a white convertor and show it can be done or something.

I live in an area where there are quite a lot of muslims and i know from school that there were a few muslims who would mention the odd time about converting. Im telling you all, they are crazy. I reckon their parents brought them up to do some converting work or something coz i have seen this stuff from muslims a lot on the net and in real life.
    rofl.

Id like to add to this extremely interesting... yet entirely pointless thread that i am a catholic.

I arent devout, and wouldnt classed a 'good' catholic. The values in life i hold true are pretty much common sense values, ten commandments?.

Religion is all about having faith, having no evidence to prove/disprove gods existance in following 1500-2000 year old books on how to live our lives. If we found a new Bible dating from 20000 years ago does that negate the other books?. Example Prehistoric man?. I think that these books at the time they where wrote were good guides on how to live and treat each over, but times have changed we are civilised now... or at least we hope to be. We cant possibly use them word by word to live our lives... Cause not all of these books are by God (Allah) himself, alot of it is interpretation,politics and chinese whispers. Do we really want to be told how to live by people long dead by 1500+ Years?.

If God was truly benevolent and all powerful, he wouldnt require us to worship and praise him, this action would be beneath him. Truly he would really want us to co-exist peacefully and evolve and produce beatiful things in the world.

As a final Note: How do Muslims/Jew/Christians explain Dinosaurs? and Evolution?... Unlike religion we have cold hard prove of this action. Religion was created to put an answer to the unknown at the time... i.e the world is round, the world is at the centre of the universe, evil spirits being diseases etc. Its all just nonesense if you ask me. Just think about it logically, we still are discovering new things every year... Humankind is on a journey of discoverey and when we know everything God will not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neas)
    rofl.

Id like to add to this extremely interesting... yet entirely pointless thread that i am a catholic.

I arent devout, and wouldnt classed a 'good' catholic. The values in life i hold true are pretty much common sense values, ten commandments?.

Religion is all about having faith, having no evidence to prove/disprove gods existance in following 1500-2000 year old books on how to live our lives. If we found a new Bible dating from 20000 years ago does that negate the other books?. Example Prehistoric man?. I think that these books at the time they where wrote were good guides on how to live and treat each over, but times have changed we are civilised now... or at least we hope to be. We cant possibly use them word by word to live our lives... Cause not all of these books are by God (Allah) himself, alot of it is interpretation,politics and chinese whispers. Do we really want to be told how to live by people long dead by 1500+ Years?.

If God was truly benevolent and all powerful, he wouldnt require us to worship and praise him, this action would be beneath him. Truly he would really want us to co-exist peacefully and evolve and produce beatiful things in the world.

As a final Note: How do Muslims/Jew/Christians explain Dinosaurs? and Evolution?... Unlike religion we have cold hard prove of this action. Religion was created to put an answer to the unknown at the time... i.e the world is round, the world is at the centre of the universe, evil spirits being diseases etc. Its all just nonesense if you ask me. Just think about it logically, we still are discovering new things every year... Humankind is on a journey of discoverey and when we know everything God will not exist.
    ya very true, religious creationists always ignore the dinosaurs... And the bible is a very amusing read. Such as matthew 10-34 when jesus says he is here to bring a sword not peace... or when he damns a fig tree because he was too stupid enough to realize it wasnt in season, or on the first page when it says the stars were created to light the night sky... the whole book made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weirdo)
    Your son can get it done if/when he wants to then.. what he doesn't want it done? You can't have it stitched back on! :rolleyes:

Im only 18...plenty of years before kids (if any) arrive...so still a lot of time to think about it!!

Jaz

ReputationRep:
    did woman ever post her story?

ReputationRep:
    im bilal, also a muslim but what is a revert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    im bilal, also a muslim but what is a revert
    someone who's missing a few marbles upstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woman)
    ^ question urself?

who are u?

who created u?

what is ur purpose?

i know u guys think ur here to drink beer get pissed etc

but ur lives are empty

in the end, ull just end up in the gutter

or in a nut house

Oh my God will you shut up.
    All this egotistical crap you've been writing is a load of bull.
    Who are you to believe that your religion is the 'right' one and all others are believed by those of a 'crippled mind'.

With regards to your comment on drinking.
    My religion allows me to, it's not oppressive and controlling like yours.

Oh, and and explain how my life is empty?

ReputationRep:
    its a shame when u have to strt generalising about her religion to retaliate

ReputationRep:
    A religious internet discussion. There's a dead-end cause if I ever saw one. I might as well convert a few to bestiality while I'm here. Only kidding ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neas)
    As a final Note: How do Muslims/Jew/Christians explain Dinosaurs? and Evolution>
    There was life on earth before man.

There is something called theistic evolution, which is what many religious people believe in.

ReputationRep:
    I was born a muslim, but both my parents are reverts. By the way, a revert is same thing as a convert, just some converts dont like to say they converted to Islam, but say that they reverted to Islam as in they were born muslim but society made them christian/jewish/...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woman)
    Muslims believe in Jesus too, so dont try to offend us with that!
    how could you not believe in him, there's historical record he existed, :confused:

ReputationRep:
    that may be so, but I think she meant she believes in Jesus as a key figure

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.