The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Collingwood or St Marys?

I've got an unconditional for Durham but haven't expressed which college I would like to be allocated to so I've decided to do so in an email but I'm SO stuck between Collingwood and Marys! I want to be in a gown wearing college but also want it to be quite relaxed, now Collingwood isn't a gown wearing college but seems the most fun and relaxed so can anybody tell me what they are like from experience please? Do people in St Marys still party / people in Collingwood still have mega formals?
Reply 1
Original post by fernfernfern
I've got an unconditional for Durham but haven't expressed which college I would like to be allocated to so I've decided to do so in an email but I'm SO stuck between Collingwood and Marys! I want to be in a gown wearing college but also want it to be quite relaxed, now Collingwood isn't a gown wearing college but seems the most fun and relaxed so can anybody tell me what they are like from experience please? Do people in St Marys still party / people in Collingwood still have mega formals?

Hi,

I am at Butler currently and I have met lots of people who weren't allocated their preferred college - honestly aside from living arrangements, I don't think it matters that much. You are guaranteed to find people who you are similar to regardless of college, even if it doesn't happen right away. Formals are class and nights out are as good as you want to make them, it won't be affected by college nearly as much as you might think
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
It's been a good few years since I graduated from Durham and I'm still in contact with many friends I made in various colleges.... and all of them say that they college they went to is the best, whether it be Collingwood, Van Mildert, Marys, Trevs, Hatfield, Castle, Cuths, Hild-Bede, etc. etc. etc... :smile: They are of course all wrong; the best is Grey College :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest