Forever single.. Watch

CeruleanCabot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m 17 yrs old girl at sixth form now, and have never dated anyone. I often lie to people, including my close friends, that I’ve had boyfriends in the past but I actually haven’t.

It’s not that I don’t want to, I’ve just never been asked out. I know I’m only average looking, but surely there’s someone willing to date me.

Any advice on what I should do? Thanks x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try talking to more people, going to parties and stuff. It's pretty normal not to have had a boyfriend though, there's a lot of people at my sixth form that haven't either.
jdddd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CeruleanCabot)
So I’m 17 yrs old girl at sixth form now, and have never dated anyone. I often lie to people, including my close friends, that I’ve had boyfriends in the past but I actually haven’t.

It’s not that I don’t want to, I’ve just never been asked out. I know I’m only average looking, but surely there’s someone willing to date me.

Of course someone is willing to date you. Be patient, theres someone out there for everybody.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago

You are still very young... you have enough time to meet someone. Alot of people who are older than you are in the same boat as you so you don't need to feel weird about it. Just do what you like doing, go to places you like visiting, get a hobby etc and you will meet someone liked minded by just being yourself and doing your own thing.
publicmenace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 28 and never had a girlfriend...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago

You are so so young. Don't be in a hurry to grow up too fast.

There's plenty of time saying you'll be single forever when you're 17 is melodramatic af.
CeruleanCabot
Rep:
?
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Try talking to more people, going to parties and stuff. It's pretty normal not to have had a boyfriend though, there's a lot of people at my sixth form that haven't either.
Thanks for the advice. I wish my sixth form was like that, most people in my area have had multiple relationships before they even leave secondary school.
chillbill79
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Focus on yourself and good things will come :---)
Be lonely with respect to the word but not to the things you would like.
You'll be fine x
tornbeyondreason
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m 27 and never had a boyfriend...there’s hope for you yet.
CeruleanCabot
Rep:
?
(Original post by tornbeyondreason)
I’m 27 and never had a boyfriend...there’s hope for you yet.
Good to know. It’s just hard to look around n see all your friends in relationships and constantly be the third wheel.
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Don't wait for men to ask you out. Ask them out if you're interested!
tornbeyondreason
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good to know. It’s just hard to look around n see all your friends in relationships and constantly be the third wheel.
Your time will come. I know what it’s like because I lied to my uni friends about being in a relationship in the past - then again I was 22 at the time which sounds more absurd than being 17 and never had a relationship. Just focus on you and do things you enjoy and you will have the opportunity to meet guys.
tornbeyondreason
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by youngpussyeater)
Look, I'm 28 and only been with prostitutes since I was 25, don't make me feel bad or I see myself doing something to women in the street...
ljcrisp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Honestly I wouldn’t worry too much! I’m in my second year of sixth form and still not had one although I wouldn’t say I went to lying to my friends saying I had a boyfriend, there’s definitely someone for everyone and there’s still time too so don’t give your hopes up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads