Asian guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What subjects do you think is powerful when applying to the top universities for architecture? For instance University of Cambridge...
CashBlack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Asian guy)
What subjects do you think is powerful when applying to the top universities for architecture? For instance University of Cambridge...
I would say A-level Maths, Physics and art maybe with AS further maths.
Asian guy
Rep:
?
Can I do DT instead of Art or will it negatively impact my chance of getting in? Because I find DT more interesting to study.
(Original post by CashBlack)
I would say A-level Maths, Physics and art maybe with AS further maths.
CashBlack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think Cambridge would prefer art more because I searched up the entry requirement at Jesus it says DT isnt specifically recommended so I would stick to art.
dcencima
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can I do DT instead of Art or will it negatively impact my chance of getting in? Because I find DT more interesting to study.
DT should be fine
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Id check their websites to see if they specify any particular subjects.
Asian guy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Id check their websites to see if they specify any particular subjects.
They recomment Art and design or fine arts, but they said they dont accept 3 art based subjects, and in the example they gave for the 3 art based subjects, DT was mentioned. Therefore, I thought DT can replace Art because I greatly prefer DT.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They recomment Art and design or fine arts, but they said they dont accept 3 art based subjects, and in the example they gave for the 3 art based subjects, DT was mentioned. Therefore, I thought DT can replace Art because I greatly prefer DT.
In that case id pick either art or DT or whichever you prefer.
Then for your other subjects- things like maths, geography or history may be useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads