orlagh_rose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know an effective way of revising research methods? I know in terms of their definitions e.g what sampling techniques, designs etc are, but what's a good way to learn how to apply them to scenarios better?

Hope someone can help
basicmacaroon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by orlagh_rose)
Does anyone know an effective way of revising research methods? I know in terms of their definitions e.g what sampling techniques, designs etc are, but what's a good way to learn how to apply them to scenarios better?

Hope someone can help
Hi, practicing past exam questions is probably the best way. The good thing about research methods is they stay similar across all specs.

Also you could try relating your knowledge to a Study you have already learned about. For example, Milgram. What type of sampling did he use, what are the advantages of this in this particular study? What debreif and follow up care would participants need? How could ethical issues be dealt with? Make sure you link your answer directly to the study in mind.

Hope this helps, if you are doing AQA exam board you can find past papers here, even if you aren't, they might be useful https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-l...gy-past-papers
orlagh_rose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by basicmacaroon)
Hi, practicing past exam questions is probably the best way. The good thing about research methods is they stay similar across all specs.

Also you could try relating your knowledge to a Study you have already learned about. For example, Milgram. What type of sampling did he use, what are the advantages of this in this particular study? What debreif and follow up care would participants need? How could ethical issues be dealt with? Make sure you link your answer directly to the study in mind.

Hope this helps, if you are doing AQA exam board you can find past papers here, even if you aren't, they might be useful https://revisionworld.com/a2-level-l...gy-past-papers
. Thankyou so much, this is really useful!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (136)
46.74%
Take exams next summer (45)
15.46%
Change uni choice through clearing (70)
24.05%
Apply to uni next year instead (26)
8.93%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.81%

Watched Threads