Sabiska
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello! I want to know if maths, chemistry & physics are enough for pharmacy/medicine. My school allows me only to take 3 classes (enormous number of hours are languages).
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe a lot of unis require Biology for Medicine
username3694440
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
possible but you're making it difficult for yourself for no reason. biology is a better choice for medicine
Hfernando
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sabiska)
Hello! I want to know if maths, chemistry & physics are enough for pharmacy/medicine. My school allows me only to take 3 classes (enormous number of hours are languages).
I would recommend Biology instead of physics, only because it's more relevant to pharmacy/medicine than physics is. Some universities might also require biology and chemistry for degrees in medicine, so it's probably best to choose chemistry, biology and a third A level.
indie.sxnds
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nearly all universities require u to take biology + chemistry so i think taking biology chemistry and physics // or biology chemistry and maths would be a better option
Sabiska
Rep:
?
I am thinking about studying pharmacy/chemical engineering/computer science. And I enjoy maths the most. But I know that I would like to work as a doctor more than mathematician.
Sabiska
Rep:
?
I have 10 lesson. Biology (4); Maths (4); Chemistry (4); Physics (2). That’s why I can’t take biology, chemistry & maths.
hatelife101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
good options tbh, but yes lots of unis require bio
username3508100
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have 10 lesson. Biology (4); Maths (4); Chemistry (4); Physics (2). That’s why I can’t take biology, chemistry & maths.
It may be best to drop one of the others then. If you want to become a doctor, you really should study Bio
ihatePE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am thinking about studying pharmacy/chemical engineering/computer science. And I enjoy maths the most. But I know that I would like to work as a doctor more than mathematician.
physics is required for a lot of engineering courses, bio + chem is required for pharmacy/med, maths is a good third subject in general. i recommend choosing bio just so you have more flexibility. whilst a lot of engineering require physics, they will say ''second science'' which is interchangeable with bio/chem/maths/FM
indie.sxnds
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you take bio chem and maths, then i believe you can choose to do computer science or medicine at university
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5062606

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=296517

READ THESE ^^^

Also, thread moved to A-levels.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The following page will give you the facts about what A-levels you need to apply for medicine:

https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...o-be-a-doctor/

No idea about Pharmacy, but you can hopefully work out a sensible strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sabiska
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! Now I am sure I will go for Maths, Chemistry & Physics. Because I know that I need to be in the class to understand them. Biology is for me all learning by heart. I do not need to apply to the best medical school. I will surely apply to some of those where biology is not required.
Beth286
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Swap physics for biology definitely
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads