The Student Room Group

How do I sell/give away the weights that I bought?

I bought 2 dumbbell weights several years ago (one 10kg, one 15kg). I don't use them anymore and looking to sell them or give them away, as they're cluttering up my room.

It was just to do bicep curls, but I soon stopped using them when I joined a gym (it was naive to buy them in the first place, but I was young and wanted to work out from home! :tongue:).

Anyway, what is the best way of selling them or giving them away? They're very heavy for posting anywhere, so it would involve getting a delivery van to come round and paying a fortune for postage.

It's these dumbells: https://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitness-Rubber-Dumbell-10KG/dp/B01J34X0V4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517170960&sr=8-3&keywords=10kg+dumbbell

A 15kg one is £36.71, so perhaps it's worth selling them (but how?).
Gumtree?
Original post by snowman77
I bought 2 dumbbell weights several years ago (one 10kg, one 15kg). I don't use them anymore and looking to sell them or give them away, as they're cluttering up my room.

It was just to do bicep curls, but I soon stopped using them when I joined a gym (it was naive to buy them in the first place, but I was young and wanted to work out from home! :tongue:).

Anyway, what is the best way of selling them or giving them away? They're very heavy for posting anywhere, so it would involve getting a delivery van to come round and paying a fortune for postage.

It's these dumbells: https://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitness-Rubber-Dumbell-10KG/dp/B01J34X0V4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517170960&sr=8-3&keywords=10kg+dumbbell

A 15kg one is £36.71, so perhaps it's worth selling them (but how?).

Facebook market. People nearby see it and collect themselves or offer extra if you could deliver
Reply 3

Spoiler

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Gumtree?
How would I go about doing that? I've never used Gumtree before :colondollar:

Original post by Reece.W.J
Facebook market. People nearby see it and collect themselves or offer extra if you could deliver
Not keen on using Facebook. I stay away from social media, mainly because it has past school people on who I don't like.
Original post by snowman77
How would I go about doing that? I've never used Gumtree before :colondollar:

eBay
Reply 6
I posted an ad on Gumtree a few days ago and not got any reply. I feel like I'm going to be waiting a long, long time (possibly forever). Is there any quicker way to sell them?

Quick Reply

Latest