Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who is doing A level media on the old specification? (2570)

What case studies are people doing for Section B?

I am doing British Identity for Identities and Newspapers for New and Digital Media

Please respond if you are doing this exam!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've moved this thread to the Media Studies forum for you

ReputationRep:
    Have literally no idea what I'm going to do, was thinking vlogging for new media but I don't know how i would write it tbh like i have an idea but its not clear

ReputationRep:
    I am doing this exam board, I am doing friends and family identity
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizwiz)
    Have literally no idea what I'm going to do, was thinking vlogging for new media but I don't know how i would write it tbh like i have an idea but its not clear
    Vlogging/youtube sounds good! You could talk about how it allows people to share things without mediation, look up some marxist theories and say it gives power to people, or find some theories on audiences becoming producers, and 2 step flow
    For examples you could do things like Tom Daley coming out over youtube and Kylie Jenner announcing her pregnancy on it.

My teachers are so useless and outdated, they literally think email and podcasts are new and digital media

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting the AS exam too, hated that chewing gum extract and I got a really harsh marker

ReputationRep:
    I am redoing as too. I failed the exam so bad, I thought it’s was quite hard. Do you two wanna go over revisions stuff and we can help each other if one of you has a basic teacher because i have two really good teachers with good resources xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My case study is on the reach of NDM within society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceflower4747)
    Vlogging/youtube sounds good! You could talk about how it allows people to share things without mediation, look up some marxist theories and say it gives power to people, or find some theories on audiences becoming producers, and 2 step flow
    For examples you could do things like Tom Daley coming out over youtube and Kylie Jenner announcing her pregnancy on it.

My teachers are so useless and outdated, they literally think email and podcasts are new and digital media

Thats so annoying, my teacher for section B is okay, she just threw it at us expecting to understand what to do straight away so was a bit annoying. I'm now doing cyberterrorism and looking at wikileaks and anonymous so should be interesting just unsure of what to look for I have a lot like their ideologies and so forth but still a lot to look for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph21.xx)
    I am redoing as too. I failed the exam so bad, I thought it’s was quite hard. Do you two wanna go over revisions stuff and we can help each other if one of you has a basic teacher because i have two really good teachers with good resources xx

Aw if you have any resources that would be amazing! We've been given information sheets about representation and theories and stuff but they're not great.
    I got a C because my coursework pulled it up but I really need an A, and my friend got an E

Whats your target grade if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I got an e in an exam, C overall cos of my coursework. What’s yours? My target grade is c or b, but I want an A. I have really good resources, they are really helping me Xx

ReputationRep:
    OMG - so glad I actually found this question. I need some general ideas on case study ideas... Originally I was wanting to choose British identity as well but figured I could do female representation since I understand most of that stuff... Can I get some ideas or something?? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing media too and I honestly don’t have a clue what I’m gonna do 😩 I got an A last year in the exam and coursework, I got really high marks in the exam. But I don’t think I’m gonna do well in this year’s exam. I’m thinking of doing YouTube but I don’t have much notes. My teacher doesn’t even know what she’s doing 😩😩 I basically taught myself last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangeline-Mae)
    OMG - so glad I actually found this question. I need some general ideas on case study ideas... Originally I was wanting to choose British identity as well but figured I could do female representation since I understand most of that stuff... Can I get some ideas or something?? Thanks!!
    Female identity is a good one, you could talk about the influence of the kardashians.
    One thing you do need to be careful with is that identities doesn't just mean representation, its more focussed on how you represent yourself

I'm struggling with british identity for examples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph21.xx)
    I got an e in an exam, C overall cos of my coursework. What’s yours? My target grade is c or b, but I want an A. I have really good resources, they are really helping me Xx
    my email is [email protected], it'd be great if you could send me any good AS resources

Mine is an A, but because of that my teacher always just marks my work as an A without checking when actually its not good enough, so I got a C in the exam last year

ReputationRep:
    Should we make a group chat on snapchat to try and help each other out?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t have snapchat🙊

ReputationRep:
    Or anything like Facebook or something idm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceflower4747)
    Female identity is a good one, you could talk about the influence of the kardashians.
    One thing you do need to be careful with is that identities doesn't just mean representation, its more focussed on how you represent yourself

I'm struggling with british identity for examples
    Thanks for the suggestions!!

I know, I myself am finding it hard to find something to do with British identity... I think it has a very wide scope of things you could do... I guess if you try something narrower and contemporary... the whole thing about the exam is scaring me honestly.....

The thing I really worry about it how we'll fit the case study... I can only hope that the questions in the exam are good ones... and I have a big issue with time management, I think I need lots of timed exam practice but I really can't concentrate sitting down for hours on an exam paper

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh I’m doing this exam too! I really struggled with the chewing gum extract last year, but managed to do ok.

This year though my teacher is off ill constantly and there is only 1 media teacher in the school -.- i was thinking either female identity or LGBT+ for mine. My mock went ok, I based it on Disney but my teacher was rather pissy I used none of her texts 😂 I would love to share resources with you guys though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 4, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.