AQA A Level History Interpretation Q Watch

meganvictoriaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Currently about to take my A Level History exam in the summer but I'm really stressing over the interpretation analysis section of my paper as I struggle to score over 20/30 in any practice papers I have done.

We are required to analyise 3 historian interpretations and pick out key arguments however, my teacher has told us that we are required to find 2 arguments within the interpretation and then write a 'mini' essay on each? So basically within the 1 hour time frame for that question, we are required to write 6 mini essays?

I have really struggled with these timings as have the other people in my class as we have found this virtually impossible to do. Furthermore, I end up writing about 5 double sides for an essay, which my teacher has then said was too long? The one example essay online we have been able to find was 1/3 of the length of our essays and the examiners report said that even that was too long?

We're just very confused and worried over the upcoming exam so if anyone knows what they are doing, I would be really greatful if you could enlighten me a little!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Cromwellismydad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm studying Stuart Britain and The Crisis of The Monarchy. I have been taught to write 3 paragraphs, each paragraph on just 1 extract. I've found this helpful as there is less stress on time as you're only writing 3 paragraphs. WIthin the paragraph you want to start with your line of argument (what the Historian is saying) and then pick 3 quotes that you can either support or challenge. Make sure you link back to the question in the last line of your paragraph and make sure to use the words 'convincing' or 'successful' depending on the wording of the question. Hope this helps
OriC13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
....this post was made a year ago
(Original post by Cromwellismydad)
I'm studying Stuart Britain and The Crisis of The Monarchy. I have been taught to write 3 paragraphs, each paragraph on just 1 extract. I've found this helpful as there is less stress on time as you're only writing 3 paragraphs. WIthin the paragraph you want to start with your line of argument (what the Historian is saying) and then pick 3 quotes that you can either support or challenge. Make sure you link back to the question in the last line of your paragraph and make sure to use the words 'convincing' or 'successful' depending on the wording of the question. Hope this helps
Cromwellismydad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know, however it may be useful to people revising for the interpretations question for tomorrow's exam, or for in the future
(Original post by OriC13)
....this post was made a year ago
jadealevelhelpme
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yep helped me ! Thanks
(Original post by Cromwellismydad)
I know, however it may be useful to people revising for the interpretations question for tomorrow's exam, or for in the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (266)
15.4%
The paper was reasonable (960)
55.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (371)
21.48%
It was TERRIBLE (130)
7.53%

Watched Threads