The Student Room Group

Don't feel smart enough for uni

I have been building up my studies over time going from a 14/16 BTEC diploma to a level 3 diploma which has taken me 7 years to get to university level and now I am here..... I just don't feel smart enough I used to be really motivated and academic but ever since uni that motivation and my ability to string together essays has just vanished into thin air. My grades are lower than ever and I can't extract any information from sources anymore I'm even failing assignments and I'm sure I failed my biology exam. I just don't know what is wrong with me and I can't even understand how I even got into university I'm just worn out mentally.
It may be the case you went from a class where you were the smartest person in the room to where you are now in a room with a lot of very smart people. So while it may feel like you have got worse, in reality, the competition is just much better than you're used to.

It seems like motivation is as much a problem as the difficulty. Think about why you wanted to go to uni. Perhaps you achieved a long standing goal of wanting to prove you are good enough to get it uni but not yet set new goals which will help with motivation. I failed an exam in the first year. It happens to everyone at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending