What constitutes "Lightly active"? Watch

Maestus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone,

So I was wondering, in TDEE calculators, what exactly constitutes lightly active as opposed to moderately active?

Every online calculator I've used doesn't really have a very good explanation of what lightly or moderately active means.

I walk about 4 miles most week days and I work in clothing retail for 4 hours 2 days a week (4 hours each day so 8 hours in total); it's the kind of job where you're on your feet non stop, walking (sometimes jogging) from one end of the store to the other, carrying stock around and tidying the store. It makes me sweat a little bit, as does the brisk walking on weekdays.

So with all that in mind, am I lightly active or moderately active? I just don't know which category to put myself in! I know I'm not highly active as I don't do any sports, and I'm definitely not sedentary.

Any advice?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say you're moderately active. Lightly active would be mostly sitting on your ass and partaking in maybe a couple of hours of proper exercise a week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.25%
No I haven't decided yet (62)
23.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.36%

Watched Threads