The Student Room Group

Anyone bored of uni?

I am quite bored of uni at the moment..... I'm finding the work unchallenging... and way too much free time! But it is only first year, I guess.....

Any thoughts?
God, you should be grateful, that you can handle it easily.
Reply 2
thegreatprocrastinator
I am quite bored of uni at the moment..... I'm finding the work unchallenging... and way too much free time! But it is only first year, I guess.....

Any thoughts?

I am quite bored of uni as well at the moment, I am finding the work way too challenging,and no free time at all.. I am only in my first year..
wish I were u
Reply 3
I hate university. I love my subject but I just hate the lifestyle, I just want to get on with life, get a job, have time for things I care about rather than coursework.
Reply 4
I've always felt quite despondent about uni because I feel I should be having the time of my life but I'm not ...
Reply 5
First year is like that for everyone I think, come 2nd year and it's a year of panic stations with very little time to contemplate the finer aspects of life in the face of impending deadline doom.
Reply 6
Get a hobby. Enjoy it while it lasts..
Yeah, uni bores me to tears.

I find my course to be uninteresting and unstimulating. It is the academic equivalent of watching paint dry. :s-smilie:
I know what some of you mean. The freedom uni gives you is great, but financially, your hands are tied for 3-4 years. And the fact that you can't stray too far from academic work for long.
I love what I'm studying, and my degree will hopefully take me abroad for work. That's what I'm really excited about - travelling. I can't do that now, because although I have money, I'm going to undoubtedly need it in the next couple of years.
My sister graduated a couple of years ago and she lives in Madrid now with a pretty decent job. I've been to see her a few times, and it was just an amazing lifestyle she has. I honestly can't wait to be in her position.

Don't get me wrong, uni is great, but its true that it really starts to set you up for the future, both mentally and physically.
In so many ways, thinking of my future, and how my results will affect it really stimulates me to work at the moment and do well.
Reply 9
Enjoy it while it lasts people... the wide world of work is far more dull!
Reply 10
suek

I echo that senitment, as I sit here at a boring 9-5 desk job. (Admittedly it's only boring temp admin work to earn some cash and not what I'll be doing for the rest of my life, but still!)
suek

Depends whether you intend to get a job, I suppose. :wink:
I'm in my last year and I'm bored to tears, done enough essays and exams to last me a life-time.
Reply 13
I'm so bored. I'm bored of essay writing. I don't feel like I'm contributing anything or learning anything. I study theology, but I constantly find myself wanting to read other things than my course demands. And I don't think it's just that my chosen modules are bad, because I often find myself drawn to material from modules I have completed, but at the time I thought they were crazy boring. I'm bored of regurgitating information that I don't care about. I'm in third year (my second last because I'm in Scotland). I'm so done with uni. Ick.
Original post by thegreatprocrastinator

Any thoughts?

Get involved in your university, do something, course work shouldn't be the only thing you do unless you don't have time for anything else. I find there is too much to do too little time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending