Ive lied to my gf about taking steroids

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've lied to my gf about taking steroids. I finally came clean and she is very upset. I'be said to her in the past I wouldn' ever take them. What should I do now? Do you think she will ever/should forgive me if I'm truly sorry for lying? Have I done anything morally wrong? For reasons you won' understand I need to carry on taking them. If she truly loves me will she forgive my awful lying?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've lied to my gf about taking steroids. I finally came clean and she is very upset. I'be said to her in the past I wouldn' ever take them. What should I do now? Do you think she will ever/should forgive me if I'm truly sorry for lying? Have I done anything morally wrong? For reasons you won' understand I need to carry on taking them. If she truly loves me will she forgive my awful lying?
You have lost her trust. Its very hard to get that back.
The fact you are carrying on with them is also anther issue.

Have you done anything morally wrong? err you lied. Saying sorry doesnt make it all ok. You need to think about why she objects to them and its her choice as to whether she can accept that or not.

Do not be surprised if she finds it too difficult to forgive, especially as you continue with the steroids.
PlayWithMarkers
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't much care about steroids, think in general the population is pretty uneducated about them and probably considers them more dangerous than they are - if you know what you're doing. But lying to your girlfriend about it? Not on, she'd be totally justified in just dropping you, but nobody can tell you what she'll do, only she can.

If you're still doing them and that's a problem for her, sounds like you'll have to choose between the two.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you are taking them for medical reasons then she will understand.
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to explain to her why you take them. If you’re taking them for medical reasons then that’s forgivable. It depends on 1) how much you lied to her (daily i’m guessing?) 2) what the lies were.

At the end of the day, the only one who can tell you if she’ll ever forgive you is her. All you can do is apologise and stop taking them, or be honest about taking them.
username3456172
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you taking Anabolic steroids?

I take Corticosteroids (medical steroids) and they don't do anything to me.

Funny fact: I have heard of people buying Corticosteroids online thinking they were Anabolic steroids. Please don't tell me you are one of them.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
I assumed they were recreational steroids.
Highly unlikely someone is going to get upset over taking them as prescribed medication.
username3756804
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Roid head
username3756804
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hahahahahahahhhha
username3757002
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you trust your girlfriend? If you think she won't accept it then don't you think that says something itself? Lying is morally wrong but taking steroids isn't. Its no different to a girl getting a boobjob.

Besides, you can't just give up steroids half way through a cycle. You'll need PCT and blood work done.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by stud3nt994)
Do you trust your girlfriend? If you think she won't accept it then don't you think that says something itself? Lying is morally wrong but taking steroids isn't. Its no different to a girl getting a boobjob.

Besides, you can't just give up steroids half way through a cycle. You'll need PCT and blood work done.
It was more the lying. I'd promised not to do it or that I'd tell her if I did.
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i mean you lied to her, her trust is gone
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is she more upset that you're taking them, or that you've lied to her? I'd imagine the latter, but if the former you just need to educate her on them a bit more, most likely, as thanks to the media she probably thinks your penis is going to shrivel to nothing and you're going to start roid-raging on her - neither of which, as anyone with any knowledge should know, are going to happen.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was more the lying. I'd promised not to do it or that I'd tell her if I did.
Why did you lie about it? Why tell her you won't do it only to still do them? What have you gained from lying? Yes, you have done something morally wrong, you lied to the person you're supposed to care about. I assume because you say you "need" to take them that they're for a medical reason, if so why not tell her the medical reason for taking them? Although I can also assume because you said to her you wouldn't take them (therefore implying that you actually don't need to take them, because if you needed to then you would tell your girlfriend you need to for a legitimate reason) that they aren't medical.

If you truly loved her you wouldn't lie to her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Is she more upset that you're taking them, or that you've lied to her? I'd imagine the latter, but if the former you just need to educate her on them a bit more, most likely, as thanks to the media she probably thinks your penis is going to shrivel to nothing and you're going to start roid-raging on her - neither of which, as anyone with any knowledge should know, are going to happen.
I give her a really hard time a while back about her talking to her coach who she had previously had some flirting with (she was talking about her training, nothing flirty when she started with me). I was upset she lied about their past and punished her for it. Shea upset that I was lying about drugs while shouting at her for what she did.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

taking steroids is cheating

earn your gains the right way like most normal people

I hope she dumps you and your penis shriveles to a raisin ..
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tbf i doubt its for med reasons, hence why is GF is so upset
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
eruugh, i dont get the use of roidz anyway, i mean there are bodybuidlers out there who have great physique without using roidz, it messes up your body and insides, and causes issues like this to arise *facepalm*

take this guy for example , Lazar Angelov pretty sure hes not on roidz but look at him!
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hmmm all it for asthetics tho, which is quite silly smh

i legit thought he wasnt

i get them alot at work hahaha see them all the time unfortunately
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
eruugh, i dont get the use of roidz anyway, i mean there are bodybuidlers out there who have great physique without using roidz, it messes up your body and insides, and causes issues like this to arise *facepalm*

take this guy for example , Lazar Angelov pretty sure hes not on roidz but look at him!

100% agree with King, here. Lazar is definitely on steroids. No way you can maintain that level of fullness while being that shredded without some chemical assistance. There are a LOT of people in the fitness industry who lie out of their teeth about being natural, because their sponsors tell them to. It's pretty much safe to assume that anyone who is sponsored for their physique or gets paid in any way, is on steroids. Anyone who competes on stage in a non-tested federation, is on steroids. Most athletes who compete in a performance sport at a high level are using steroids.

Basically, you'd be surprised as to what the average natural physique looks like. Nothing that impressive. Connor Murphy is a fine example - he built has channel on looking great. In the last 6 months or so, his physique has gone way downhill, and it's obvious he came off the steroids. He made a video recently making all sorts of BS excuses - the most laughable one being that it's because he's not been eating much, which is obviously not the truth because he's gained bodyfat. He's more or less maintained the same bodyweight, but he's gained fat and lost muscle - obviously, his hormonal balance has shifted from high testosterone and low estrogen, to at best average levels of both, and this has changed his body composition. If you look at his older videos compared to his physique now... his physique was definitely that of a steroid user back then, now he looks totally natty.

Besides that, steroids aren't automatically damaging to one's insides. If you monitor your health via regular blood tests when using them, you should catch any potential problems in the bud and avoid them. Plenty of top bodybuilders approaching their old age now and are fitter and healthier than the average guy of their age - it's the ones that neglect their health during their usage that get into trouble and suffer early deaths. Some people might do one or two cycles and it affects their health negatively so they have to stop, yet some even recklessly abuse them all their lives with extreme doses, neglect their health and get away with it. Individual tolerance is everything, but if you monitor your health during your use then you won't suffer any long term negative effects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (581)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (342)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise