Amazon Prime, Sky Go, Netflix, Hayu, Now TV etc???

Watch
charlie2468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone,

I'm a final year student at Lancaster Uni and I'm in the middle of project which focuses around video streaming providers (e.g. Amazon Prime, Sky Go, Netflix, Hayu, Now TV etc.)

I'm really interested to see which video streaming provider you guys prefer and if there's a reason for it?

If you could spare a minute or two by posting a comment below I'd really appreciate it

Thanks!

Charlotte
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have used/am using Now TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime TV.

I like Amazon Prime because you get free delivery, free music and free TV. If you use a lot of aspects of Amazon, the price is worth it. However, based on TV alone, I find the choice very limited. There are some good recent movie titles there but otherwise, the rest of it is a little disappointing.

NOW TV has some good titles, a lot of it recent (as it has aired on Sky channels) and a lot of boxsets. I normally use this when for watching American shows, for example, Broad City, Workaholics, Bob's Burgers...but they have a good selection of British titles if you like this. I find the price is quite expensive (there are different passes for TV, movies and Kids TV) but there are sometimes voucher codes around, and if you try to cancel, sometimes they offer you a discount in order to keep you on.

Netflix is probably my favourite - it has a lot of variety, recent and classic titles. I like how they also have a lot of international movies and dramas too, as I find it hard to watch them with good subs. The price is quite fair, in my opinion.
charlie2468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you so much Cheesecakelove!

This is super helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads