The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Unconditional offer

I got an email saying that if I put Hope as my firm choice it would change to unconditional but I was wondering how long it will take for UCAS to update that. It’s just that I’d rather open my bank account sooner rather than later and I can’t without proof of an unconditional offer
Original post by LaurieEP
I got an email saying that if I put Hope as my firm choice it would change to unconditional but I was wondering how long it will take for UCAS to update that. It’s just that I’d rather open my bank account sooner rather than later and I can’t without proof of an unconditional offer

UCAS won't change until after you have accepted the offer, and it will depend entirely on the university. However, it seems to be a very bad idea to hurry your decision-making in order to open a bank account early. What about your other choices? Have they all responded? If not you would have to throw them away to accept this offer.
Liverpool
Visit website
Why on earth would you want to go to Hope? I spent a weekend there (finals of a debating competition) and found it really creepy, plus it's at the bottom of every league table.

What other offers do you have?
Reply 3
I have already accepted the offer from Hope as it was the one that I wanted to go to as it is one of the few that do the course I want to do (English Language and Geography joint honours). My other offers were for courses that didn’t quite match up for what I wanted to do, ie from Northampton for Human Gepgraphy with CB , and an unconditional from Canterbury but that was English language and communications.

Original post by LeapingLucy
Why on earth would you want to go to Hope? I spent a weekend there (finals of a debating competition) and found it really creepy, plus it's at the bottom of every league table.

Original post by Good bloke
UCAS won't change until after you have accepted the offer, and it will depend entirely on the university. However, it seems to be a very bad idea to hurry your decision-making in order to open a bank account early. What about your other choices? Have they all responded? If not you would have to throw them away to accept this offer.
Original post by LaurieEP
I have already accepted the offer from Hope as it was the one that I wanted to go to as it is one of the few that do the course I want to do (English Language and Geography joint honours). My other offers were for courses that didn’t quite match up for what I wanted to do, ie from Northampton for Human Gepgraphy with CB , and an unconditional from Canterbury but that was English language and communications.

Hi @LaurieEP :hello:

We are delighted to see that you have accepted your unconditional offer and we look forward to seeing you around campus. Once you have confirmed it is down to UCAS to update with this change, but this should hopefully not take too long.

We are sorry to hear some bad comments about Hope, but we would like to put your mind at ease about some league statistics that may have been misinterpreted here. You can read about our recent success in the 2017 and 2018 Good University Guide by following these links;

http://www.hope.ac.uk/news/newsitems/liverpoolhopeuniversityoneofukshighestclimbersinguardiangooduniversityguide.html

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

I hope this helps but of course if you have any further questions or concerns please do give us a shout.

Ruth :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by LeapingLucy

Turns out you were right 😂 I dropped out first year and now I’m applying to a different uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending