The Student Room Group

Accepting offers from conservatoires and universities

Hi

So I've been offered a place at a conservatoire but I've also been offered places at universities (but I haven't received all my replies yet). If I accept the place at the conservatoire will it automatically turn down my offers from the universities? Can I accept offers from the uni's and the conservatoire and decide which one I want to go to in September? I phoned UCAS Conservatoires and they told me I could but I'm still confused as this contradicts what I've read elsewhere.
Original post by florencemac
Hi

So I've been offered a place at a conservatoire but I've also been offered places at universities (but I haven't received all my replies yet). If I accept the place at the conservatoire will it automatically turn down my offers from the universities? Can I accept offers from the uni's and the conservatoire and decide which one I want to go to in September? I phoned UCAS Conservatoires and they told me I could but I'm still confused as this contradicts what I've read elsewhere.

Yes you can accept conditional offers from both UCAS and Conservatoires - but you have to decide between them when you're unconditional.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/conservatoires/apply-and-track/decisions/replying-your-ucas-conservatoires-offers explains this.

If your Conservatoire offers are unconditional (GU) then you can't accept them and also any offers from standard UCAS (and likewise if you have Unconditional offers on standard UCAS then if you pick one as your Firm choice then you have to withdraw from your conservatoire places)

Basically if you try to have a UF in standard UCAS and a GUF on conservatoire then UCAS will ask you to decide at that point.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by florencemac
Hi

As far as I can see they are two different systems so accepting offers on one will not affect the other. Where have you read otherwise?

@PQ can you help?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes you can accept conditional offers from both UCAS and Conservatoires - but you have to decide between them when you're unconditional.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/conservatoires/apply-and-track/decisions/replying-your-ucas-conservatoires-offers explains this.

If your Conservatoire offers are unconditional (GU) then you can't accept them and also any offers from standard UCAS (and likewise if you have Unconditional offers on standard UCAS then if you pick one as your Firm choice then you have to withdraw from your conservatoire places)

Basically if you try to have a UF in standard UCAS and a GUF on conservatoire then UCAS will ask you to decide at that point.

Ah that makes sense, thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending