Accepting offers from conservatoires and universities

Watch this thread
florencemac
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

So I've been offered a place at a conservatoire but I've also been offered places at universities (but I haven't received all my replies yet). If I accept the place at the conservatoire will it automatically turn down my offers from the universities? Can I accept offers from the uni's and the conservatoire and decide which one I want to go to in September? I phoned UCAS Conservatoires and they told me I could but I'm still confused as this contradicts what I've read elsewhere.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by florencemac)
Hi

So I've been offered a place at a conservatoire but I've also been offered places at universities (but I haven't received all my replies yet). If I accept the place at the conservatoire will it automatically turn down my offers from the universities? Can I accept offers from the uni's and the conservatoire and decide which one I want to go to in September? I phoned UCAS Conservatoires and they told me I could but I'm still confused as this contradicts what I've read elsewhere.
Yes you can accept conditional offers from both UCAS and Conservatoires - but you have to decide between them when you're unconditional.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/conservato...atoires-offers explains this.

If your Conservatoire offers are unconditional (GU) then you can't accept them and also any offers from standard UCAS (and likewise if you have Unconditional offers on standard UCAS then if you pick one as your Firm choice then you have to withdraw from your conservatoire places)

Basically if you try to have a UF in standard UCAS and a GUF on conservatoire then UCAS will ask you to decide at that point.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by florencemac)
Hi

As far as I can see they are two different systems so accepting offers on one will not affect the other. Where have you read otherwise?

PQ can you help?
florencemac
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes you can accept conditional offers from both UCAS and Conservatoires - but you have to decide between them when you're unconditional.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/conservato...atoires-offers explains this.

If your Conservatoire offers are unconditional (GU) then you can't accept them and also any offers from standard UCAS (and likewise if you have Unconditional offers on standard UCAS then if you pick one as your Firm choice then you have to withdraw from your conservatoire places)

Basically if you try to have a UF in standard UCAS and a GUF on conservatoire then UCAS will ask you to decide at that point.

Ah that makes sense, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads