The Student Room Group

Eduqas Music A Level

Is anyone on here sitting the new WJEC eduqas music a level in summer 2018? If so, am I the only one that finds the timing for the paper difficult (espically for section 1: area of study B/C/D)?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
When I did our mock back in January, I found the timings really hard as well! For our listening questions on pop music, area of study B, and twentieth century, area of study E, I found that we had like 5 minutes for the longer answers that were 5 marks. But then at the end for the symphony essay there was so much extra time and my whole class finished it with like 15 minutes to spare? You're not the only worried about the timings, believe me.
Original post by ZoeJ999
When I did our mock back in January, I found the timings really hard as well! For our listening questions on pop music, area of study B, and twentieth century, area of study E, I found that we had like 5 minutes for the longer answers that were 5 marks. But then at the end for the symphony essay there was so much extra time and my whole class finished it with like 15 minutes to spare? You're not the only worried about the timings, believe me.

How are you prepping for the actual exam? Revision wise
Reply 4
Original post by Sky_night
How are you prepping for the actual exam? Revision wise

For pop music, I'm going over example listening questions and listening to A LOT of music that might come up. The twentieth century stuff we are still learning but I'm going over the annotations of my score at the moment then closer to the exam I'll probably listen to more other examples. It's similar for the symphony area in terms of going over score annotations and for the essay I'm listening to other symphonies and finding important features. I'm finding it harder to revise for this exam compared to my other subjects :s-smilie:
Original post by ZoeJ999
For pop music, I'm going over example listening questions and listening to A LOT of music that might come up. The twentieth century stuff we are still learning but I'm going over the annotations of my score at the moment then closer to the exam I'll probably listen to more other examples. It's similar for the symphony area in terms of going over score annotations and for the essay I'm listening to other symphonies and finding important features. I'm finding it harder to revise for this exam compared to my other subjects :s-smilie:

Soz for the late reply, I just saw this. Yeah it’s definitely one of my hardest subjects. For my recital I’m making it 35% of my grade and comp 25%. Is your recital anytime soon? Mines on the 25th of April
Reply 6
How are you guys revising for the essay question?! I'm stressing out a bit about that one because I feel like it could be on anything?
Reply 7
Original post by ftang28
How are you guys revising for the essay question?! I'm stressing out a bit about that one because I feel like it could be on anything?

If you’re referring to the WCT essay at the end of the paper, then I have A3 sheets of comparison between each movement of Mendelssohn( romantic) and Haydn (classical). Nothing much just bullet points so that in the exam I can compare easier x
Reply 8
Hey, I’m taking this course too, just wondering if anyone has any notes for area b and c?
^^ FYI if anyone does me too 😂👏🏼
Can anyone tell me what we’re the Questions/songs for the area of study B on the 2018 a level music exam?

Quick Reply

Latest